CHAPTER 1: THE TRAVELER FROM AFAR

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Wha— WHAAA???" Paimon screamed, pointing at you.

"!?!?!?" Was Lumine's only reaction.

The glow enveloping your figure dimmed down as quickly as it appeared. Paimon and Lumine, after recovering from their initial shock, awed at your clothes. Your clothes, although still having their original colours, had changed completely to suit Inazuma's culture. The outfit you sported in Liyue was reminiscent of it's culture as well, looking light and flowy, however your outfit now sported various accessories associated with Inazuman culture, looking elegant and refined.

"Like what ya see? Me too! This is really convenient if I do say so myself!" You boasted smugly, crossing your arms. Paimon floated around you, studying every single detail with great interest. "How did you do that?! Are you the master of quick clothing changes or a master of disguises???" You had taken it as sarcasm but her question sounded so genuine to which you reply with—

"I have NO idea!" Thoma laughed at your words, as if it was an inside joke. Paimon's face expressed just how much she felt like slapping you but she just turned to Lumine for a conversation.

Thoma gave two pats on your shoulder, smiling at you. "It's great to have you back! Everyone missed you!" He cheered, crossing his arms as you proudly stood. "I thought from how badly fucked up you were from last time, it'd be enough to take you back to Monstadt—" The raging glare in your eyes made him quiet down until you both doubled over in laughter.

>>>

After a few weeks of them settling in, all thanks to Thoma of course, you had begun living your usual routine when you stayed in Inazuma. Visit Narukami Island, help out with the resistance, hang out at the Yashiro Commission HQ and so. Though word got out pretty quickly that you were back so you had to be on the down low because of the Raiden Shogun's personal bodyguard, Kujou Sara. You felt like what you did wasn't even a big deal yet it caused so much uproar. But not as much as the upcoming ceremony.

You fairly hoped to get to meet up with Lumine and Paimon again. Ever since they arrived, they've been running left and right and it seemed like they barely got any rest. But hey! At least you get to hang with Thoma today— uh..

"Where's Thoma?" You asked, the janitor in the tea shop cleaning up some shelves piled high with strong liquor. He slid you a bottle and you open it up. "Didn't come in today unfortunately, probably tired from all the running around." Jin, the janitor, replied with a huff. "Poor boy, hopefully he isn't in too much trouble."

A glass slid in front of him and he downed it like it was water. You place the bottle safely into your satchel before waving goodbye to him. "I'll go look, keep the place nice!"

The air outside, contrary to its normal blue sky, was electrifying. It seemed to crackle and spark with each step you took and this alerted you immensely. Soldiers were stuck to every single nook and cranny, oddly more than usual. You pulled your bamboo hat up, the veil just slightly blurring your face. Silently, you made your way to the giant statue, visions shining and engraved into the delicately carved wings.

You would've admired it for its beauty if it wasn't for its purpose.

The crowd that gathered was packed together tight, hardly making way for you to check out the commotion. The sound of thunder struck and purple crackles of light surrounded the people, frightening everyone, some even crouching from the booming noise alone. You felt the familiar electrifying magic burst from beyond the crowd, urging you to push forward.

What awaited you was Thoma, on the ground as Lumine deflected the guards' attacks that were aiming at her. The puppet that was supposedly the region's "archon" look unamused. She stepped down, bit by bit as magic generated all around her. "Lumine, Thoma!" You shouted, alerting the Raiden Shogun. She turned and a look of slight shock flashes across her face and soon replaced with anger.

"You... you dare set foot on this land once again?" She asked you menacingly, getting her polearm ready. Sweat accumulated on your forehead and you hurriedly went to Thoma.

"Oh! Raiden-" You dodge a bolt of lightning. " ... Nice to see you too!" You forced yourself to say in a gleeful tone. Lumine continued to attack, sending her sword flying at the archon. Unfortunately, the Raiden Shogun had sensed her attack and grabbed onto it, breaking it into pieces in her grip.

The Raiden Shogun proceeded to pull out her sword, slashing her surroundings as if she was breaking reality itself and you flinch at the familiar crackling of magic. It was too late, as you reached out for Lumine. In seconds, she was gone, sucked into a battle of mentality.

In front of you laid Paimon, floating around frantically just to find a fragment of her friend as tears cascaded her eyes. You broke Thoma free of his restraints and you both rush over to Paimon, that is until you felt the familiar stinging feeling of electricity on your skin. Lumine fades into existence, unconscious as she lays on the ground with bruises and blood, along with the Electro Archon. Your eye twitched as your face darkened, Thoma helped her up as you strode towards the Shogun. Guards shouted for you to step back to which you simply flick them away with a swat of your arms. The archon's gaze hardened and you lunge at her, your fist connecting with her face at an incredible speed as you punched her.

HARD.