Back Home

"What the fuck did we do?"

Leni and Risa sat in silence, both still not believing their impulsive decision last night. Questions hung in the tense air between them. How's and why's swarmed their minds and having those when they're still hungover definitely didn't help.

"Okay," Leni inhaled sharply. "Wait lang, ang sakit ng ulo ko."

Risa glanced at her, afraid that she'll say something or do something that would hurt the both of them. "Naalala mo ba kung ano'ng nangyari kagabi?" Leni asked.

"I remember drinking and dancing with you," Risa replied, blushing as she remembered her thoughts about kissing Leni before they danced. "And then you kissed me and told me that I make you feel alive."

"Shit. Naalala ko na. Tapos I proposed to you."

"Yeah, you did."

"Tangina, Ris. Bakit ka um-oo?" Leni said exasperatingly.

Risa's hands went cold and she started to feel irritated. "Eh bakit ka kasi nagpropose?"

"Hindi ko alam! Ang alam ko lang lasing ako kagabi tapos umiikot na 'yung paningin ko tapos hindi ka marunong sumayaw."

"Pwede ba, Leni. 'Wag mo na ipamukha sa'kin na hindi ako marunong sumayaw kasi matagal ko nang alam 'yun. Saka lasing na lasing rin ako kagabi."

"Bakit ba kasi nagyaya pa kayo mag-bar?"

"Balik ko ulit sa'yo 'yung tanong mo. Bakit ka kasi sumama?"

"Just in case hindi mo maalala, pinilit mo akong sumama. Sabi mo one night of freedom. 'Di naman ako na-brief na magpapakasal pala tayo."

"Sinisisi mo ba ako? Hindi lang naman ako ang nagdesisyon nito."

"Hindi kita sinisisi. Ako nagpropose diba, katangahan ko rin naman 'to. Katangahan natin 'to."

Their banter was cut short when someone knocked on the door. "Shit," Leni hurried to the door when Risa stopped her. "Risa, may tao sa labas."

"Gaga, sige buksan mo 'yung pinto para makita nilang wala kang damit."

Leni's cheeks turned bright red at that. It seemed like she forgot, for a while, that they did more than just get married. They celebrated their marriage in more ways than just drinking in the bar. Risa chuckled, but in reality, she was keeping her eyes from drifting down to Leni's chest.

"Wag ka mag-sando. Daming marka ng leeg mo," Risa warned quietly.

"Oh, sino may kasalanan?"

Leni took their clothes off the floor, cautious that the staff might see, and put new ones on. She walked towards the door and opened it, seeing one of their staff stand outside. "Good morning, ano 'yun?"

"Good morning po, Cong. Leni. Paalala ko lang po na our flight pabalik ng Manila is in 3 hours na po. Ito po pain reliever for sure po may hangover pa kayo from last night. Balik po ako dito sa room niyo 2 hours from now para po makapunta na tayo sa airport."

Leni thanked the staff and closed the door, her composure immediately faltering when she faced Risa on her bed again. "Our flight back is in 3 hours, Ris."

"3 hours? Tangina, pa'no natin 'to aayusin in 3 hours?" Risa replied, panic and fear evident in her now high-pitched tone.

"Hindi ko alam. Shit, hindi ko na alam ano'ng gagawin."