Prologue|『𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3』𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Chapter 3
The cries of desperation

As the doctors came into the room, the man's mind seemed to focus on his wife

As the doctors came into the room, the man's mind seemed to focus on his wife. After all that had happened, he loved his wife more than anything, despite his knowledge of her not being his. His brain seemed to function normally now and he took a step towards his wife, holding her hand.

"Amelia, love, don't worry, it will be okay." the woman nodded, after all, she is a doctor, and she knows better, but what the man didn't know was that she was able to give birth to this child, but unable to live past a year. "I- I know, Ares. I know, I just want you to promise me one more time, okay? Okay, Ares, promise me please?" the woman looked deep into his dark eyes, trying to find her salvation. She hated herself for taking him away, even if they never met the woman that was supposed to be with him, she hated herself for being selfish.

At first, when they had Matthew, they weren't married, she tried to run away, but he went after her three years later and found her with his child. He was angry, furious, and that was the first time that she had realized they weren't supposed to be together. She couldn't handle him when he went into the dark side. And it was part of him that everyone in his life should accept, not change. She learned that the hard way.

Ten years ago and two years into their marriage, someone went against her husband's wishes, a traitor in the family. It was then that she had seen how cruel he could be, and she couldn't handle it, once more she was reminded that he wasn't hers.

[Ten years ago]

"Brother, do we have to kill this man, he has been with us for years?" a young man's voice sounded from the office. "He betrayed us, Leonardo, he sold information about our whereabouts, about our family's whereabouts. He must die, and most cruelly and after I will hang him on the door for everyone to see. Whoever dares come against us, they will have the same fate." The other man was serious and cold. "I understand brother, but I didn't expect him to be this ruthless, he almost killed Andrea." Leonardo sounded angry and he was trying hard to contain it, but he failed in the end. "I will handle him myself, brother, don't worry, he'd wish he was already dead." The men were talking at Ares office, unknowing of another presence outside the door.

"Mommy, I want daddy to play with me!" a small voice sounded from the child's room, "I know baby, he will come later okay?" the mother said with a smile. "But I want now mommy." the boy continued asking for his father, "Okay, Matthew, I will go inform him okay?" the mother asked with a sigh as she smiled at the boy. "Okay! Take this car with you, it is daddy's favorite!" the woman nodded and went out of the child's playroom. She followed the trail to the man's office with a smile on her face, she was very happy being with him and her son.