{6}

"So you like Hayes, huh?," McKenna nudged me as we exited the bathroom. I smiled and looked down.

"I-...A little," I smiled, still staring at the ground.

"Well, I can assure you, he's all yours. Don't worry about me liking him. We're just friends," McKenna said, smiling. I nodded. We began to enter the cafeteria as I said: "wanna come over to my house after school?"

"Sure, yeah. I'll just have to call my mom," she smiled. I smiled back.

We sat at the table to see everyone staring at us.

I ignored them as I slowly sat down, McKenna sitting right next to me.

School went by fast that day. McKenna was coming to my house today, so we both began to get on my bus. Bus number 3.

***
5:24 pm

McKenna and I were both sat on my bed, talking about anything we possibly could. From crushes to what school she use to go to. We've gotten really close in the past hour and I'm really happy for that. She's my only real friend that I've ever had. Lame, I know. But it's hard to find friends anymore. Real friends that is.

"I think Lu-," McKenna began to say before my brother, Tyler, barged in my room. I groaned.

"What do you want?," I said, annoyed at him.

"Shut it, Jordyn, I'm trying to find my-... Ahh! Here it is. Thanks for giving it back," he said, holding an iPhone cord in his hand, leaving my room. I rolled my eyes as McKenna and I went back to talking.

"What were you saying?," I looked at her.

"Oh yeah! I was saying that I actually think Lucas is kind of...cute".

"I wouldn't expect you to like someone like Lucas," I laughed.

"Why? What's wrong with Lucas?," she asked.

"Nothing. It's just that...you're so pretty and he's...well he just doesn't seem to fit with you," I tried to explain it where she wouldn't take offense to it.

She shrugged. "He's still kind of cute,".

"How'd you get so popular like the first day you came here?," I asked randomly.

She shrugged. "I honestly have no idea. I mean...I am pretty, but everyone immediately like clung to me," I cringed at her cockiness.

She took out her iPhone and smiled as she started typing.

"Why are you smiling?," I asked. She looked at me.

"Hmm? Oh, it's nothing," she put her phone back in her pocket.

"Do you have a phone?," she asked. I slowly shook my head in embarrassment.

"I have this," I showed her my iPod. "But no, no phone. It makes me so mad. I'm almost 14 and I still don't have a phone. It's just-it's just not fair!," I groaned, while lying down on my bed.

"I could have daddy get you one, but he would probably say "McKenna, I don't give stuff to just nobody's. I run a strict business here!" She said, mocking a mans voice. I actually felt rather offense by what she had just said. I just decided to ignore it.

"So" I began to speak. "Have you began to start on your project in Mr. Galloways class?"

She shook her head with a smile. "Nope. Devon and Mariah will probably just do it all. I don't think they want to chance getting a low grade by letting me help on the project" I laughed.

"What about you?" She asked. I also shook my head.

"Hayes and I haven't really-"

"Awh, you got picked with Hayes. How lucky you are" I softly smiled.

"Yeah, I guess, but he hasn't chose what date we should work on it" I sighed.

"Pick a date this week. Don't make it on a day of his football practice, of course"

"What days does he not have practice?" I asked her, quietly.

"Um, he had practice today. So, he has practices on Mondays, Tuesday's, and Thursday's, I believe" I nodded.

"So, Wednesday or Friday" she nodded.

Her phone began ringing. She looked at the called id and rolled her eyes.

"Hi, daddy!" She said, cheerfully.

"Okay, yes. I'll ask" she took the home away from her ear.

"Do you think your mom can take me home?" She asked. I nodded.

She put the phone back up to her ear. "She can"

"Okay, love you" she clicked the end button and set her phone on the ground.

"Daddy said I had to be home at 7:00 so I can get ready for school. It takes me hours to find an outfit, so he makes me pick it out the night before"

"Really? I just find jeans and a t-shirt and I'm out the door" I told her while laughing. She just looked at me.

"well, I mean, you don't have much of a choice" I narrowed my eyes at her and shook my head.

"Excuse me?" I asked. She looked at me innocently.

"I'm just saying all you have is t-shirts, so it's not much of a huge choice to choose from. Oh, and speaking of clothes, let's hit the mall this Saturday, alright?" I just looked at her.

"C'mon, daddy has more money than he knows what to do with, let's go on s shopping spree!" I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Alright" I softly said.

"Yay!" She hugged me. "You're great"

***
6:42 pm

I was sat in the back of my mothers car, my mouth agape as we pulled into this huge, mansion.-like, stunning home.

"This...is your home?" I asked her,

"Jordyn, don't be rude" my mom said from the drivers seat. McKenna told my mom thank you and said to me "see you at school".

McKenna smiled, showing her stunning teeth, walking stunningly, to her stunning home.

What a stunning life.

(A/n); shoutout to you, jordynb20 for being the only reader atm
(Sabrina Carpenter plays McKenna Peterson)