39; False Start

"Being guilty is only part of the process of moving on baby,"

Justin's POV:                                                                         

I felt someone shuffle next to me, my eyes closed shut and my good cheek mushed into the fluffiness of the pillow my head was resting on.

It took me a few seconds to realise who was next to me and my dazed thoughts were stopped when I inhaled subconsciously and smelt the familiar perfume that Hazel always wore.

I moved myself off my stomach and onto my side, bringing my hand up to rub my eyes and groaning quietly when I couldn't pull it from under the duvet properly.

After a few agitated seconds of putting up a fight with the edge of the duvet I nearly ended up punching myself in the face but didn't thankfully, the edges of my fingers rubbing against my eye.

I yawned at the same time, blinking my eyes open and seeing a headful of brown hair sprawled across the lip of the duvet, Hazel's face barely seen as she had the duvet all the way up to her neck shielding herself away from the temperature of the room which was apparently too cold for her.

I felt a small smile tug at my lips when a piece of hair fell over her face as a result of me moving the duvet, her face scrunching up and lips curving into an irritated frown as she moved her face a little to move it.

I watched in amusement as she huffed still asleep, her hand moving up and coming into contact with my chest before her fingers peaked over the duvet and she flicked the piece of hair out of her face successfully.

She hummed sleepily, her eyes still shut and her lashes feathering out and just about touching the curve of her cheeks as she mushed her face into the pillow and soon stilled.

It was at that point that I took in her sleeping face, from the way that her eyebrows scrunched up from time to time and how she'd make little faces, her lips pressed together and tugging into a smile or frown.

I chuckled lightly and she sighed tiredly still with her eyes closed before she blinked open one, the other still closed with how she was mushing her face into the pillow.

"Are you watching me sleep?" She mumbled in a daze, yawning lightly and bringing her hand up and over her mouth by peeking her hand over the edge of the duvet again.

"No," Lie.

"Weirdo," She said, yawning again in the space of ten seconds before shuffling over to me which wasn't that hard since we were pretty close.

She moved my arm so that it was up and on the pillows before resting her head on the underside of my upper arm and humming happily.

"Well I'm not the one who makes faces in their sleep," I told her and I saw a small smirk tug at her lips.

"So you were watching me..." She trailed off tiredly and I pressed my tongue into the inside of my cheek not knowing what to say which had her laughing lightly as she placed her left hand onto my chest, both of us on our sides.

I could feel the sleeve of my jumper that she was wearing tickling at my chest, her body that cold that she had to wear one of them.

I moved my hand under the duvet, letting it rest on the skin of her waist as my jumper had risen on her, her skin comforting against my fingers as I savoured the raw touch of her...something that I had been deprived of for the past twenty or so days...

Fuck I had messed up so bad with everything.

"You okay?" She mumbled.

"Why?" I asked her, releasing the hold I had on her waist that got too tight momentarily but keeping my hand there.