The Beginning | Chapter 1

-Warning suicidal mention-

Lucy's POV

The guild had rediscovered Lisanna who was supposable 'dead' just a couple weeks ago. After getting to know her for a couple days I could tell how truly great she is ! Of course what else could I expect from the little sister of Elfman and Mirajane ? Her magic is quite impressive as well. Despite being in Edolas her take over magic is pretty strong. The two of us became really good friends in the small time we've know each other, however it feels as though the guild is much more distant to me. It's just the little things but maybe it's just me.

The little things like Natsu breaking into my house all the time or sleeping with me, or Natsu's obnoxious need to go in a quest all the time with me. But I think he just has been reconnecting with Lisanna since they were childhood friends. Which is great, I mean I can spend a bit more time reading with Levy-san so I don't mind the alone time.

That being said I still miss him at times.

All these thoughts went through my head as I climbed into bed. I eased my head onto my pillow and pulled my blanket over me when I suddenly heard a tea cup fall from the coffee table.

"Natsu ?" I said out loud, half happy and half scared of whether it was him or not. I sat up in bed and hanged my feet from my bed. After not hearing anything else I decided it was a false alarm. Afteral the only person I really expected to answer was Natsu, or happy. After some time of lying in bed I'd finally fallen asleep.

_____'s POV

I'd fallen asleep by the teacup only to be awakened when my weight had finally ripped it over the coffee table. I quickly hid behind the leg of the coffee table farthest from Lucy and hoped the darkness would hide me well. I stopped fluttering my wings and stood silently on the floor waiting for her heart beat to return to resting rate.

Lucy mood had been decreasing over the last couple of days. It's been a steady decrease so for now it is not threatening but it does worry me still. It's hard to see someone I've followed all my life being in a very melancholy. She has been lonely for a bit, being that Igneel's kid hasn't been around as of lately.

Lucy is very strong, and I know she can take her loneliness, after all in about a month or so she won't be so lonely anymore. I just hope she can wait till then. After sometime I emerge from my hiding spot and fly over to Lucy. Her eyes closed, her breathing stead and her heart beat at resting rate. I hover over her, my wings fluttering and my tail up. I slowly put my hand on her nose and as I do, a year comes from her eye.

Lucy's POV

I start dreaming of a small white light. As it comes closer I begin to... cry ?

No wait, the light starts to disappear and I'm surrounded by darkness. I begin to tell and only get returned with my echos. I'm scared, it's lonely and cold. After yelling for some time my echos start to turn into yellings.. of hatred.

In the voices of my beloved guild I can make out a couple sayings,'stop crying you baby!', 'go home Lucy !','Lucy you're weak!'

After some time I just ball up and cover my ears, closing my eyes not wanting to face anyone not hear anymore. But as I do the yells start to fade and a voice I've never heard before starts to sing to me. The light from before returns. The melody becomes more clear the closer the light comes, with a beautiful yet sad melody it sings.

I start to reach out to the light the drowned out all the voices and as I do it starts to take a form. It's hard to make it out but after some time I make it out.. it's a-