𝟎𝟏𝟐 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄

╔

╔.★. .════════╗
CHAPTER 12
╚════════. .★.╝

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟔𝐓𝐇 𝟐𝟎𝐗𝐗:

Gemini and I push the heavy doors open, relishing in the smell of chemicals and burning wood. I touch the charcoal-like wood on the lab table, smoothing it out. It's cold. They must have realised we were coming here and made a run for it. Or they had no use for this base anymore.

Gemini moves forward, observing the flasks carefully, flicking one of them to see if it would break, "They didn't even bother cleaning up. Look how messy it is. If they were going to abandon this place, might as well fix the mess,"

"I don't think you're one to talk, Gemini. You have the messiest room out of all of us," I remind, earning an overly-dramatic scoff coming from her direction.

"Well, at least I didn't abandon this place! Who do you think I am?"

I don't bother answering, wiping the black powder on pieces of plain paper scattered around the place. They might as well have some use. Dusting my hands, I notice an unopened door. I head over to the side, turning the handle, but it seems to be locked. I kick it down, shoving the hinge-less door away carelessly.

Oh, Gods...

Gemini walks up from behind me, wondering what I'm looking at. In one glance, she steps back, her mouth covering her face in horror. She quickly takes out her new phone, clicks a picture and sends it to the group chat. A notification is heard on my phone, but there is no need to open it when I can see this horror with my own eyes.

"...who are they...?" She finally speaks.

"...they're prisoners in Hell, well, used to be," I answer. "They must have gotten out with the help of Zadicus and the Pillars, and they were used as experiments,"

"...this is wrong. They were serving their time in Hell. That's just wrong," She repeats.

"I really don't think they were sent there to serve their time. Maybe they were just gullible and naive to follow Zadicus," I assume.

A call erupts in the solemn atmosphere, and Gemini is quick to pick it up, "Yeah?"

"...what b-e are you guys at?" Mars questions through the phone.

"Five," She answers.

"Sa-rn and I are at two. There's nothing here, it's just an aban-ned warehouse fac-ry. I'll ask Father for the loc-ion and we'll head up t-re with you," He informs.

"So all the bases are different places? Warehouses, labs, what else?" I ask.

"Base Four is a ca-e under a mountain. Base Six is a factory th-t used to sell clo-ing, but it went out of business a few hundred years a-o. Base One is a small island off the co-t of the 6th R-alm. Seven and three are not speci-ed, Mercury and S- have not sent in their reports to me yet... they sh-ld be coming soon," He informs, the signal breaking up slightly.