Fate

A long, long time ago, there lived a wicked, dark creature in the kingdom of Joseon. A man who lived by sucking human blood and killing them tragically. A cruel creature who would massacre hundreds of people in the blink of an eye without any hesitation just to satisfy his own desire. Every living being is terrified by just hearing his name. They would feel a goosebump just by talking about his existence.

         Every night, people can't sleep because they're afraid he'll come to visit them and bite their neck. Even the king, the most powerful person in the kingdom, can't do much to fight him. Thus, the king becomes a shell who leads the country by following his every command. The king can only stay as the doll king by sitting still and watching all of his people get killed by the dark creature. The king can't do anything to oppose his will caused by the fear that the terrifying creature would also kill him. Helios, the vampire, is the name given to the cruel being.

               "My lord, I give you an offering to serve you," said Minister Choi, bringing a beautiful little girl with him. They are standing together in the empty, dark cave. Even though it is a bright sunny day now, there is not a single light that could enter the cave. The air felt really humid and terrifying. The cave is only brightened by the light of the blasting fire.

               "Hmm... who is she?" asked a deep, daunting voice of a man from the other side. He was sitting on the higher rock, which looked like a king's chair in front of the minister and the girl. He doesn't look interested at all. He does not really want to eat her because he just finished his meal of two virgins who he put in a pool of blood which is not far away from his throne.

                "She is my daughter, Choi Moon Ryeong. She is really smart. I am sure she would serve you properly, my lord. " Minister Choi shows his polite bow in front of the vampire. He... who is always hungry for power, willingly gives his own child to the vampire in order to obtain his heart. He knows that Helios is the strongest creature in the kingdom, maybe even in the world. He is sure if he can get on his good side, it would benefit him a lot.

              "A young child to serve me?" Helios lifted his chin and stared at the little girl.

               His icy eyes pierced her. But yet she doesn't seem to be budging at all. In fact, she doesn't feel scared even when she watches two corpses of beautiful young girls in the pool of blood. She doesn't fear anything at all. Moon Ryeong keeps showing her dignity and flat expression. At first, he was actually not convinced to accept her as his servant. But looking at the little girl who dared to stare directly into his eyes without being scared actually intrigues him.

             "Just go and leave her here," said the vampire to Minister Choi coldly.

              "Yes?"Minister Choi is confused. He wants to use his brilliant daughter to impress the strong vampire. But if Helios just dismissed him like that, he was afraid that the vampire wanted to kill Moon Ryeong. He worries that he can't succeed in his plan to gain more power.

                "I said leave her here." Helios put emphasis on his voice sternly. He warns the minister to go right away. His stern and cold voice terrified the man.

              Moon Ryeong is also frozen in place. She is staring at her father from the corner of her eyes, not really sure if making even a slight move would be any good now. She is not sure why the vampire sounds angry. Well, he was always dissatisfied with everything. And now he wants her to be alone with him in the cave. What would he possibly do to her? She wonders.

           "Ye... yes... my lord," minister Choi replied, his voice trembling. Even though it is difficult for him to abandon the girl to the monster, he does not want to risk his life by infuriating the vampire. Minister Choi takes some steps backward, then leaves the cave immediately.