three; cheaters

The next day at practice was all about faking injuries. Aurelia knew that she didn't want to cheat, even if they won, it didn't feel right.

After practice she went to go look for her coach to talk with him about the next game.

"Hey coach" she asked

"Hey, what's up"

"Well, I'm.. uh.. not gonna be playing in the next game. I just can't, the whole cheating thing just isn't fair to me. So I would like to be benched the entire game"

Bombay was quite shocked to hear this.

"Look.. I'm not gonna force you to "cheat" but we do have a chance of winning if we do" he responded looking at the young brunette

"I know we might, but back where I played I was the star player, maybe I could teach the team my tricks and other stuff so we wouldn't have to cheat. And we'd play fair."

There was a long pause of silence, then Bombay finally responded.

"Do whatever you want kid, but I know I don't wanna lose again" he said and walked off leaving Aurelia alone in the rink.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

The next game Aurelia did as she said. She was benched the whole entire game. She did feel a little guilty, for not playing while her teammates were out there trying to cheat their way into winning But it never bothered her that much.

It was halfway through the game, when a ref had came up to Bombay and his team  "District 5, cut the acting class. One more time I forfeit to the jets" he said and took off.

"What? I'm insulted by that!" Bombay said trying to act like he didn't just teach them how to cheat.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

The game continued and the next thing they knew Charlie was huddled by a bunch of jets twice the size of him.

The ref blew the whistle "face-off! Let's go"

The boys stopped huddling Charlie and went back to their spots while Bombay had called Charlie over to him.

Charlie did as he was told and skated towards to his coach

"That guy is twice your size. So next time he gets you in a corner like that, I want you to grab your eye like it's cut and then but the ice. Got it?" Bombay said looking at Charlie who was giving him an annoyed look.

By the look of Charlie's face Aurelia knew that he also didn't want to cheat.

Charlie turned to Aurelia who was sitting in the corner staring at her coach and teammate. He gave her a sad look then skated off.

The face-off had started and the Jets had gotten the puck, Charlie swooped in getting the puck. The same jets from before had put him in a corner again.

Bombay was waiting for Charlie to hurry up and cheat, but Charlie didn't do anything he just kicked the puck with his foot.

"Damnit Charlie!" Bombay fussed

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

When they had all gone to the locker room after the game, it wasn't any better.

"We can't even win if we cheat" Terry stated

"Stupid cake-eater tricks" said Jesse

"That was embarrassing" Connie sighed

Then Bombay had entered the locker room also walking towards Charlie looking mad, as usual. "Charlie! What the hell is the matter with you? When I tell you do to something, you do it! You got it?!

Charlie just looked down, none of them wanted to be here right now.

"Look at me!" Bombay demanded

Charlie looked up to see his coach angry with flaring eyes. "You got it?" he asked again.

"You can't make me cheat" Charlie responded back angrily throwing his hockey sticks towards the ground, and headed out the locker room.

Then Terry and Jesse's dad had walked in "Jesse Terry, let's go, This is what I gave up my overtime pay for? To see my kids taking falls." He stormed off. And Karp had threw his gear on the floor too, and did Aurelia. And then she left to go find Charlie.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

She saw Charlie down the hall., and ran up to him.

"hey Charlie" she said. He turned around to similar voice and smiled. It was her. Aurelia.

"Oh, hey Aurelia"

"I just wanted to let you know that, that was pretty brave of you do say and do that, you know like talk back to coach. But mostly how you didn't cheat. I like that" she said "well I got to go, I'll talk to you later" she waved and walked off smiling.

Charlie Conway was once again proud of himself.

victoria talks:

sorry this is a short chapter but it should be getting good after this, so yeah.
also
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!