"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy instructed making him look at her as if she was talking nonsense.

"You keep an eye out." Dustin told the girl, making her pull her head back as Dustin copied the girl. "It's my goddamn theory." Dustin reminded.

"And it's a great theory. But-" Fi's sentence got cut off by the blonde woman sitting next to her. "You heard Nance."

"Who put her in charge." Dustin asked, not understanding what was going on. "I did." Robin and Fi spoke up at the same time, Fiona slightly raising her hand as she did.

"Compass." Nancy instructed, holding out her hand towards the taken aback boy. Dustin unwillingly gave the older girl the compass before walking back over to Max and Lucas.

Steve began standing up and picked up the backpack which was in the boat before throwing it toward Dustin, catching him completely off guard as it hit his face. "Hey, there you go."

Steve turned back around before pushing the boat out into the lake and quickly hoping on it. "You said three!" Dustin exclaimed in disbelief.

Robin and Eddie rowed the boat, making them go further into the lake. "Bedtime at nine, kiddos! Miss you already!" Robin yelled making Dustin give them the middle finger.

"Hey, is now a bad time to say I don't like boats?" Fiona asked the now group of five making the whole group look at her.

"Yes, I think it is." Eddie nodded his head, making the girl let out a little 'oh'.

The group continued rowing in silence, letting the compass guide them to where they needed to be.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down." Nancy interrupted the silence making the boat slow down as Fi looked over at the compass only to see it was going berserk.

Eddie and Robin dropped the oars into the boat before looking over at the compass which sat in the Wheeler's hand.

"Whoa." Steve said, shining his flashlight onto the crazy compass.

"Guys, what's going on?" Dustin asked through the walkie which sat beside Robin. The blonde girl picked it up and began informing the Henderson boy about what was going on.

"Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'ahh!'." The blonde-haired woman spoke into the device, still looking wearily at the compass.

They didn't get a response and the whole group watched confusingly as the Harrington boy began removing his shoes. "Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked, furrowing her brows.

"Somebody's gotta go down there and check it out." Steve told them, standing up as he did so. "Unless one of you four can top being a Hawkins High swim co-captain. And a certified lifeguard for three years, then it's gotta be me. No complaints, all right?"

Fiona completely ignored what the boy had just said and began protesting as soon as the boy stood up. "Are you dumb? You're not going down there."

"Bit late for that." Steve shrugged, earning a slap on the back of the head by Fi. "I'm serious. You're not going down." She told him, grabbing his arm.