• one •

lexa's pov

I'm at yet another frat party, drinking my troubles away. It's the fifth this week, the last one I plan on going to until next Tuesday.

"So," my friend Anya says. "Spin the bottle?"

I nod my head and we get into a circle. People are doing shots behind me and I can hear their loud shouting. A few of our other friends come to join us.

Anya hands me a nearly-empty vodka bottle. "Down the rest so we can play," she says, smiling.

I drink the rest and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, putting the bottle in the middle of the circle. I spin it and it lands on Anya.

"Looks like you're getting some action tonight," I jeer, smirking.

"Shut up, it could land on you." She spins it this time, and as if by chance, it lands on me.

"Ooh," everyone says, laughing.

Anya leans in to kiss me and pecks my lips quickly. She never really likes these games; she only plays them to cheer me up. Since Costia was killed a few weeks ago, I've been spending my time at parties, hooking up with random strangers and drinking endless amounts of alcohol so I can forget about her.

I laugh at her, then spin the bottle again. It lands on a dodgy dude sitting opposite me. He spins it and it lands on Anya again. She glances at me worriedly. I nod at her, reassuring her. They kiss quickly, much to the guy's dismay.

"I think that's enough for one night," Anya says, stumbling up.

"What do you mean?" the guy slurs. "Stay for one more round: we might get lucky again." He winks at her.

"Excuse me?" Anya questions. "I could slit your throat with just my cheekbones."

I run my finger over her cheek, then pulling it back quickly. "Ow," I say sarcastically. "Sharp."

The man scoffs. "Sure," he says, getting up to presumably grab another drink.

I swing my arm around Anya's shoulder as we walk out the door. It smells of puke outside.

"That was disgusting," Anya says.

"Don't worry, that's the last party we're going to until Tuesday," I say.

"I don't want to go to the next party."

I stop walking. "You don't? Why?"

"Because things like that happen; I feel uncomfortable and we play stupid drinking games with people we don't know."

"Fine, I'll just go by myself on Tuesday." I start walking away from her, down the steps and onto the lawn. Red solo cups dot around the grass and I trip over one.

"Lexa, wait!" Anya shouts, but I can't be asked to turn back. She knows how much I like going to parties, how much I need to go to them. It's got into a habit now; day in, day out, like a cycle.

I end up sitting at the bus stop, even though the buses won't start picking people up until five o'clock. I look at my phone and see 02:13 displayed brightly at the top.

I sit at the bus stop for a few minutes longer before I decide to get up and walk back to my apartment. Anya's probably given up on finding me. She's never said she won't go to a party with me, but she'll come around.

"Hey!" someone shouts from behind me. "Looking nice."

Great, a cat caller.

"I'm going to put my dick in your ass!" another shouts.