Where Are They Now ~ Amos & Emmy

If there was one thing Amos Castillo couldn’t get enough of, it was being able to snuggle in bed with Emmy.

But it was even more than that. It was how her presence filled every nook and cranny of his heart. Sometimes, he would wake up before her and just lay there, admiring the contours of her blanket-covered body. Even her odd way of sleeping caused the corners of his mouth to tug into a smile. He was more of a side sleeper, but Emmy slept face down, with her legs scissored yet slightly tucked, which pushed her butt into the air. 

It was adorable but not as cute as the color of her face anytime he teased her about it.

And like most mornings, he planned on poking fun at her later. Though, at the moment, he just wanted her closer, so he wrapped his arms around her and snuggled his face into her hair. 

“You gotta wake up soon, sleepy head,” he whispered, but Emmy mumbled something about pancakes and continued dozing. With a chuckle, he squeezed her. “Silly girl.”

It had only been six months, but Amos was ready to take their relationship to the next level. They still lived in separate apartments, so the constant back and forth needed to end.

“Baby…” he whispered into her ear.

“Five more mins…”

“I’ve already given you ten.”

“Just five…mo…” Emmy replied, her words dissolving as she succumbed to sleep.

But who was Amos kidding? He would give her fifteen more if it meant holding her for a little longer and inhaling the sweet scent of her mango hair wash.

Except, he had plans for their morning, so he slipped out of bed, tiptoed to the kitchen, and began making pancakes while smiling the whole time.

It was going to be a good day, and when his phone buzzed on the counter, it only made him grin even more. 

Carlos: Yo, bro! We still meeting for lunch?

Amos: Of course. 1:30 PM

Rodrigo: I might be running late…

Amos: No worries. Text us what you want, and we’ll order for you.

Carlos: What’s the matter, old man? Got your period?

Amos: Carlos!

Rodrigo: Carlos!

Carlos: You guys are squares. See ya at Sumo Sushi.

Amos tucked the phone into his pocket and then arranged their breakfast on a tray with pancakes, bacon, toast, coffee, and daisies plucked from the yard. Emmy appreciated the little things, so he knew it was something she’d enjoy.

But first, she needed to wake up!

“Are you thinking about opening your eyes now?” Amos entered the bedroom.

“Maybe,” Emmy said facedown into the pillow. “But only if those are pancakes, I smell.”

“I’m surprised you can smell anything with your head buried in the pillow.”

“Oh, hush! It’s comfortable.”

“What was that? I can’t hear you. Guess I’ll just have to eat this delicious breakfast alone…”

“Does it have chocolate chips?” Emmy swiveled her head just enough to reveal her eye.

“Of course!”

“And banana slices?” 

“Guess you’ll just have to find out.”

“Can’t you just feed me in this position?”