intro

Trigger warning: violence, all types of abuse referenced and explicitly mentioned throughout this book. I will try to put warnings when explicitly written about but it is mentioned too much to put a trigger warning as it would be under everything.

Please comment what you think so far

Emilia woke up to quietness, it was only 5am though so she didn't expect anyone to be up for another hour or so.

Sometimes, her step dad would get up extra early so he had an excuse to beat her as they expected her chores to be done before they got up. Emilia used this time to carefully stand, and make her way back to the house, she was shivering from the cold air. Last night had been bad, she had gotten detention, Alice and Henry had found out that she had gotten a D in her last maths test, and she hadnt had dinner ready by the time they got in, she even dared to eat a bit of the food she had been preparing.

It wasn't anything she couldn't handle, Henry had forced her to puke up the food she had eaten by holding her head over the toilet until she managed to throw up, then he had beaten her and then threw her outside in the back yard thanks to Lexi who was lurking in the background snickering and suggested she been thrown outside for the night. Henry liked the idea and threw her so hard she hit the floor and due to the beating she finally passed out.

Breakfast was made by 7am and Lexi came down wearing next to nothing. Lexi never physically abused her apart from a few slaps but she was certainly verbally abusive.
"I hope you haven't eaten any, you don't deserve food, I'm sure dad made it clear last night"

Emilia didn't say a word.

Henry and Alice never came for breakfast, Lexi left for school once her friends arrived to pick her up and Emilia set off walking.

Emilia had a love hate relationship with school, she loved being away from Alice and Henry but she was the outcast who everyone bullied. Half the time she came home with several new bruises.
Lexi loved school, she loved being the centre of attention and her innocent act had all the teachers believing she was good and so she never got in trouble

The twins didn't know it then but that would be the last day at that school.