Rest

"She's not here Jennie. Wait a minute, I thought she's with you?" Jisoo said eyeing Jennie.

Jennie sighed and shook her head, "She was, this morning. Then she said she's going to work at the cafe but she never came to my house or to her apartment, and it's late Jisoo."

"She could be somewhere on a night out with her friends?" Jisoo said unsure.

"Jisoo, you know her." Jennie looked down on her feet then looks up to her friend's eyes, "she's suicidal, and things always comes to my head whenever I don't hear a thing from her."

"Relax Jendeuk, don't think about that. What about this, I call Rosie and ask her about Lisa." Jennie nodded, "Okay now you go home to your house or to Lisa's apartment, I'll let you know what Rosie says, okay?"

"Okay, thank you Jisoo. I'll leave then." Jisoo gave a smile to the worried looking Jennie before accompanying her outside.

Jennie drove to Lisa's apartment instead, when she entered the apartment, she was hoping that Lisa would be there but she wasn't.

She stayed there for a few hours, stayed awake and it's already 2 in the morning when Jennie heard the door open. In a swift, she stands up and met Lisa who looked so exhausted, two big dark circles under her beautiful eyes, beautiful yet filled with sadness.

"Baby..." Jennie mumbled softly, when Lisa looked up and met Jennie's worried feline eyes, she burst into tears and stand there firmly. Jennie ran to her and embraced her into a warm hug, a warm comforting hug.

"I-I'm so so tired Nini... I'm so tired.." Lisa cried on Jennie's chest making Jennie's heart beat painfully. Only if Jennie have the powers to take away Lisa's pain, she would've done it in a blink.

"Shhh, stop crying now baby..." Jennie stroked the back of Lisa's head softly and kissed Lisa's head , "I know it's hard love, but please hang in there. You can take a rest but not on that way you want. I'm always here alright? Your Nini is always here to give you a shoulder whenever it's getting too much. I'll never complain, I'll never get tired just for you baby."

Lisa cried out more and hugged Jennie tightly. It was so hard for her when she lost both her parents and her younger sister from an accident, she lost her only family but she was so glad that she has Jennie in her life.

She tried to take her life away just a few hours ago by jumping off a bridge. She wanted to take that peaceful rest but when she closed her eyes, she saw Jennie, the love of her life.

"I'm sorry Nini, I- I'm so messed up, so fucked up. I will never be a good influence for you, baby I don't think we should--"

Jennie kissed Lisa to shut her up, "Don't say that, don't you ever think about yourself like that. This is just an obstacle in your life, there's so much more ahead. And I'm here with you, together we will face it. I love you and you love that's all what matters, fuck all this problems, let's face it together alright?"

Jennie hugged Lisa again letting her cry on her chest more.

"I'll always be your rest, you're always welcome to lean on my shoulder, cry on my chest, rant on me, just don't think of doing something stupid. I'm always here for you." Jennie pulled Lisa to the couch as they both sat together, Lisa leaned her head on Jennie's shoulder and cried silently.

Jennie would kiss Lisa's head and she would play with Lisa's hair twirling it around whispering comforting words until she heard cute light snores. She smiled when she saw Lisa's sleeping face, she slowly put Lisa's head on her lap and positioned herself before grabbing the blanket over the other couch and putting it over Lisa's body and watch her sleep.

Lisa looked so peaceful whenever she sleeps, especially when she's with Jennie.

Her rest.

A/N: version 1 of Rest 😁