Chapter 30

My eyes set on the disfigured face of Ariel, her legs bent at an disproportional angle, her eyes glassed over and her neck had numerous slash marks on it. I shake my head, forcing myself out of my trance and turn around to run out of the barn when I notice Officer Johnson isn't near me anymore.

Shit. Where the fuck did he go?

 I cautiously walk step by step towards the exit, and when the breeze really hits my face I dash straight for the car only to find no Johnson and a locked car. After pulling on the passenger side door handle, I run around and pull on the drivers side door handle.

Locked.

"Shit." I breathe.

The little hairs on the back of my neck begin to stand up, making my hands shake and lips go dry. I turn around in a hurry but nothing is in sight.

"Calm down Raven." I tell myself. "It's just your imagination. He's probably taking a much needed piss or something."

As soon as I close my eyes to think of what to do next, three gunshots go off in the direction of the barn. That's enough to tell me to get the hell out of here as fast as possible, so I look on the ground for anything that's hard enough to bust the drivers side window.

"Rae!"

I look up and see Aiden running towards me from the barn. I grow frantic and get down on my knees and look under the car for a big rock.

 "Yes!" I exclaim.

I grab the first rock I see and scramble up, bracing myself then throw it as hard as I can towards the window. Glass shatters, stabbing me in a couple of places but It goes unnoticed. I swiftly unlock the door from the inside and throw myself inside. I look up to see Aiden not far from the car.

      I look around the car hysterically , desperate to find some type of weapon to defend myself If I couldn't hot wire this damn thing. I find a baton on the mat and place it firmly in my hand, get out the car and stand in ready position. Aiden places his hands up calmly and stops running.

"Rae. Calm down, I'm sorry okay? There's a good reason I did everything I-"

"Shut the hell up! Get on your knees!"

 I surprise myself with this outburst. Maybe I have been watching too much late night television.

 "What? We don't have time for this, Raven! H-"

"I don't give a damn. Get on your fucking knees." I try to place a tough look on my face when tough was far from the truth.I felt like I was ready to piss myself.

   Aiden sighs but obeys. He gets down on one knee, then the other, his hands up.

 "Rae, I am so sorry for the shit I said and did. But I honestly have a good reason for doing it."

"Then explain."

"I-Ugh, we don't have time."

"Then we'll make fucking time, Aiden. Talk." I spit.

+++++++++++++

FLASHBACK#

"Ah, kid. That hurt."

"Yeah, I hope she bought it." I smirk.

Leonardo gets up with support from the wall, him squeezing his shoulder and grimacing in pain.

"What are you talking about?"

I take one step closer. "I'm talking about helping you out. Come on, I know you make loads of cash with your line of work and I want in. We could get rid of Raven and continue on somewhere else."

"You expect me to believe you?"

"Well, no. But a guy can change, can't he?"

"Yeah, so how do I know you won't change later on in the game?" Leo questions.

"I guess you'll have to just trust me." I lean against the wall and raise one eyebrow. "Come on, Leo. Do it for your 'daughter'." I poke.

I'm intrigued when that little comment made his face suddenly go red and his eyes black.

"She is not my daughter, and don't you ever say that shit again."

I shrug and salute. "Aye, Aye sir. But am I in?"

Leonardo lets out a long sigh and runs his hand through his hair, looking at me for a good minute.

"Let's get the fuck out of here, kid."

###

END OF FLASHBACK#

"Then after we left, we met up with Ariel somewhere downtown and went up to his place. He started making all these horrid plans and Ideas, some I didn't go along with but some I had to or else he wouldn't buy the act. That's why I had to put your name into the Criminal Database and that's why your name is plastered onto almost every television right now. I didn't do it to hurt you.  I swear on my life with that. I was planning on giving this recording."

He asks for my permission, and then slowly grabs an old record player from his back pocket.
"Everything he's ever said and admitted to are in there. I love you, Rae. So fucking much. Please believe me."

This whole time tears had been pouring down my face because I had totally lost faith in the one person who had been with me through thick and thin. I had been wrong, I had lost faith in the one guy that I loved the most.         

  "I love y-"

My eyes open wide as I see the bullet go through the air into Aiden's back. His hands go down to his side and he looks up at me and smiles as his face goes pale and his eyes tear up. In that minute, I feel my heart shed into a million pieces, every nerve in my body aching. The baton slips out of my grasp as I run to Aiden's side. I flip him over, placing his head on my lap. I place my hand on his wet cheek.

   "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. Aiden please..." I start gasping for air as I cry. I literally felt like my life was over. And at that moment it was. Because Aiden was a big part of my life.