Hooter's-Special-Treat?! What! Part 18

Part 18

(Charlie's POV)  -2 years later-

We did it. We got famous. Missing London was known worldwide. We'd played for Queen Elizabeth herself. We'd done it. We reached our dreams. We'd grown up. We'd done something with our lives. And now we were heading home. We were going back to our plain old lives. If only for a moment. We could accomplish so much more over a lifetime. We could do so much better. That's what we wanted.

But as i looked out my plane window, at the people awaiting our return, i changed my mind. I didn't want anymore in my life. I just wanted to sit donw and stop singing. I just wanted to lay down and stop thinking all together. I wanted to be around my family and friends again. i wanted life to be back to the same old boring routines it had once been. i wanted to get a college education, i wanted to be rid of my fortunes. but it's never that easy is it? It's never that simple.

When i got off the plane, the first person to hug me was my brother. Mason. Then well, everyone else. All except for London. He never wrote back, never returned my calls, and he never e-mailed me. He'd severed all ties between us. And i'd written a song called All for You. Then i wrote another song. Love in London. Then i wrote another one called When i See Your Face. All of them were for London. And i know he knew. I wouldn't have it any other way.

The family reunion was no good. No one had heard from London. He'd moved and never called again. A few weeks after i left he just gave up. He just threw the bag in. never thought about me again. Never. Or at least i thought that was how it was.

When the suffering had ended, i hopped in my car, and drove. I found my way to London's apartment, knocked on the door and waited. I didn't expect what i saw, but i got it. A woman answered the door. A gorgeous woman. One with a big rock on her wedding finger. She smiled at me, and the recognization hit her quickly. She squeled and pulled me into her apartment.

"I love your music! You're amazing!"

"Thank you. Are you a big fan?"

"yes. I have all of your cd's, and i have tons of posters. I really do love you. And your partner. Did you know that that's my fiance's brother?"

"Fiance? Yes i did."

"Funny. He always said it was weird how Guy had found a partner so quickly. He said he'd never met her. He'll be so excited to meet you. Why'd you come though?"

"Guy said i should swing by and tell him he's back in town."

"really? We'll come visit some time."

"Well, i'm quite busy. So i'll be on my way. Tell your fiance i said hey though."

"Alright. It was great to meet you! Can i get a quick picture?"

"Sure."

I smiled. And walked off after signing one of her posters. I didn't register that he'd really moved on. it had only been two years. Not five. Not six. Just two. But oh well. All that matters is that he's happy. All that matters is that he's okay. I walked and began to cry. But i didn't stop. I just kept walking. When i'd reached the elevator i wiped at my eyes. When it'd dinged open, a man made full eye contact with me, and i brushed past him. When i'd faced the doors, i realized the man had stopped walking. When the doors began to close, he'd began to turn to look my way. It was none other than London.

And i cried harder. When i'd reached the first floor, i rushed out of the lobby. I didn't even care to get my car. I'd get it later on. I just walked. I just kept walking. I didn't know where i was, but i really didn't care. I just kept going. London was enagaged. London had moved on. London didn't love me anymore. London hadn't waited. London hadn't waited.