♤ 11. Spirits ♤

Y/n, whom had felt like a loser for the first time in her unfeeling life, had long blacked out in the middle of the battle between curses and students.

The chaos had ended and the next moment she woke up, she saw a number of familiar white mists. Her head tilted blankly but she remained sitting in position without making a sound. Hands obediently laying on her lap as her unblinking eyes stared.

She looked down to her empty lap. The milk cat that she picked up isn't there anymore as it would usually do in the passed days. She missed it a lot.

"Y/n, don't be sad. The kitty is okay." Junpei sat beside her with a soft, coaxing tone, petting the girl's head.

Y/n raised her head and looked at Junpei. She didn't understand the sentence entirely. But she understand the words 'Y/n' 'Don't' 'Sad' 'Kitty' 'Okay'. Having those words together, she knows that the cat was fine.

But where was it?

Y/n looked around in search but it's not there. She looked at the second year again, opening her training mouth and let out some broken words. "No... ca-t..." Her voice was small and gentle. As if being careful with her own sentence.

Nobara and Maki loved her voice now. It was somewhat alluring in a sense and lovely in perspective. 

"Well... it's because the cat won't fit." Gojo suddenly appeared in the crowd making everyone instinctively turn their heads to the speaker.

Y/n looked confused. So in order to answer her, Gojo opened the door, and motioned his hands in a gesture of calling someone or something in. From the door, a growl was heard, almost making the room vibrate. The slowly peeked a big head.

Y/n looked at the red and white mist mixed up in front of her. But the composition of the soul was familiar. Mreowr. The big cat tried to meow, but what came out was that of a menacing beast.

"Meow." Y/n used her lips to finally try to meow as well and finally succeeded in her second try. The big cat finally revealed itself out and went closer. It turned into a white furred big cat with blue glowing eyes. It's fur became even more puffy and long as if a giant long haired cat. Blue flames lit up to it's side like a ghost, but it made the big cat more majestic.

The cat purred and approached it's now smaller owner, rubbing into her small head and then licking the cheek, cuddling Y/n until she fell back on the bed due to the heave.

The people in the room could only laugh fondly as the big cat began to seek attention. Y/n hugged it to the extent of her arms only managing to encase half of it's entire neck as she cuddled the big thing.

After the kitty died, it was actually facing it's owner, Y/n. The cat watched the blood that's been wasting out of the girl with it's dying eyes and felt unfulfilled himself. The cat blacked out for a while and when it opened it's eyes, as if something had blessed it, returned to life and not only that, he had became yokai(google says "Strange apparition" my anime subtitle says "demon", "Spirits" and the like, so any will do.). A big white cat that can tear apart even that curse made of tree now! He won't get smashed.

The loyal yokai cat now stayed beside Y/n with a protective posture. When Panda came to rescue his schoolmates, he was surprised to see a creature guarding their class child. Panda even thought he'd have to fight it, but it took the initiative to put Y/n to his own back and followed Panda back to the teachers.

While Y/n was not yet in a safer place, this giant didn't leave her side even after all the fight. The young lady remained in its preying guard only until the teacher said that they will tend her. The cat obediently stepped aside and let her be taken.