12 || THE MIND

PUNK
"Leave us alone you ugly looking creep!"

THE SMALL GROUP, had driven to the graveyard. Max was sitting at Billy's grave whilst everyone else was waiting for her in the car.

For the whole driver there Max had been not acting like herself. But, no one questioned it.

"I don't like this." Fiona told the three boys, leaning against the outside of the car. Steve checked his watch before nodding his head in agreement. "Yeah, it's been long enough." Steve told them, immediately getting out of the car and heading in Max's direction.

"Steve, just give her some time." Lucas told the boy, sitting on the hood of the car. "I have, all right?" Steve told the boy, turning back to face him as he walked.

"I'm calling it. She wants to get a lawyer, she can." Steve told him before running over to the girl leaving the three behind.

Fiona looked at the two boys who were left before sprinting off after Steve. "Hey, Max. Time to giddy up, yeah?" She heard Steve say as she got closer.

Fiona made it to both Max and Steve after a couple of seconds. The brunette went to say something but before she did, she saw how the girl was not moving at all and how her eyes we white.

"Max? Max?" Fiona asked in worry as she crouched down in front of the girl.

"Wake up!" Steve yelled at the girl, clapping his hands in front of her face as Fi began shaking her.

"Please, Max, wake up!" Fiona begged, continuing to shake the girl hoping she would wake up from the trance.

"Guys!" Steve yelled over at Dustin and Lucas who immediately ran over.

"Come on Max. Wake up, wake up!" Fiona yelled at the girl, snapping her fingers in front of her face in hope she would snap out of it.

After a few seconds, Dustin and Lucas had made it over trying their very best to get the girl out of the trance.

"Max, can you hear me?"

"Come on, wake up!"

"You gotta get outta there!"

"Wake up, Max, wake up!"

Steve grabbed ahold of Dustin who was busy trying to wake the girl, "Call Nancy and Robin! Go get 'em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!"

Dustin almost immediately scrambled up but only fell backwards off the platform before getting up and sprinting back over to the car.

"Is there anything you can do?" Lucas asked Fiona desperately making her shrug. "I-I don't know." Fiona stuttered over her words.

"Can you get into her head and try and help her or something?" Lucas then asked making her slightly nod. "Yeah, I think."

"You think?" Steve questioned the girl's response. "Yeah. I mean I don't know what will happen." Fiona told him.

"You don't know what will happen? No way. You're not doing it." Steve told the girl, not wanting anything to happen to his practically sister.

"Too bad. Because I am." Fiona told the boy making him groan.

"Okay. Okay. I can do this. I can do this." Fiona told herself before grabbing the girl's shoulder and closing her eyes.

The girl felt her surroundings change causing her eyes to fly open. She was still in the cemetery. But there was no Lucas or Steve in sight and everything was dark.

"Max? Max? Where are you?" Fiona yelled into the darkness hoping to get a response. "Max?"

Fiona didn't get a response. "Shit. Shit. Shit!" The girl started running not having a clue where she was going.