Ep 2: the Lycan King

'Werewolf girl?' I am still panting and cannot speak, so I send the words through mind link. 'Seriously?'

"You are a werewolf. And you are a girl," he replies through words, "What are you? Fifteen?"

'I am a woman!' I don't know why I need to affirm myself as a woman. My age is twenty-five, but my face does look young. People know I hate it when they treat me like a child because of my appearance. Professionally, it is annoying, because patients sometimes get skeptical of my treatment thinking that I am just some teenage girl who talks big.

The man blinks at my screaming through the mind link. He did not expect me to be so agitated by his comment.

Wait a minute...

'How do you guess my age as fifteen?' I ask.

"Your scent," he says in a deep voice. How his adam's apple moves is quite sexy. But his collar bone... "You smell like a young soul And I can sense your arousal too."

'I am not aroused!' I cry out again, which makes him look at me with a blank face.

"Do you shout all the time when you talk?"

'No.'

I think he is smelling my baby's scent, that is why he thought I was young. I gulp, hoping that this man wouldn't be as possessive as Alpha Mason. If he does... I need to run away from him too, for the sake of my baby.

I don't care if this stranger is my second chance mate. My baby is my number one priority.

"Do you lie too? Because your arousal hormone is really strong..."

'I am not lying!' I can't help not to shout. This is embarrassing. My arousal hormones are stronger because I am pregnant. I am hormonal, not a liar!

He looks at me with a blank face. Out of the blue, one corner of his lips tugs upward. He scoffs into a peal of small laughter.

"You act young too," he says, "Are you sure you are not fifteen?"

'No, I am not,' I mind link, 'I am twenty-five.'

He purses his lips. "OK. I'm fifteen, by the way."

It's my turn to look at him with a blank face. My mouth drops.

Him? Fifteen? My eyes travel his body from head to toe again. How can a fifteen-year-old look like... a Greek God?

Out of the blue, he bursts into laughter. One of his hands holds his wound. "Oh, Goddess... it hurts when I laugh." But he doesn't stop laughing.

Is he crazy? Am I mated to a crazy person, now?

His laughter becomes even louder.

It only occurs to me I have been mind-linking all of my thoughts to him. That is why he is laughing!

Still, isn't this an exaggerated response to my reaction? The man's eyes are in tears from too much laughter... I know I can be funny, but not this funny. Most people would even say I have a low sense of humor.

But... his laughing face looks handsome. He looks really relaxed. His prominent jaws are showing, his lips spread divinely on his face. His adam's apple wobbles deliciously... And his green eyes seem to drown me...

I curse myself for being in a daze and losing precious running time. It is too late now. The wolves have arrived at the clearing. They stop a few trees before the tree the man is sitting on.

Shit! Shit!

Alpha Mason's eyes look straight at me. He growls to show his authority and his unpleasantness.