Chapter 4: The Explanation

Tory and her pals were dragged to the auditorium which was cleared of all chairs for renovation, so it was like one big empty space. On the stage stood a chair and a person sitting in it, that person was Devin. His minions surrounding him was; Tack, Troy, Jay, Hazel, Duke, Rebecca, Ruby, and Davis. The others that were changed were standing by the doors and in the dark corners watching Tory and her friends as they were pulled in front to face Devin. Tory looked around her to see the teachers, principle, many of her classmates, and friends, it looked like the entire school was turned but unlike Tack and his gang, the rest looked like they were zombies. She was thinking this over when Devin spoke to her.

        "You're wondering why your friends look like zombies." said Devin "That’s because they are but not my minions."

       "Why are they zombies?" asked Stella.

       "So I can control them." answered Devin.

       "If you wanted to control them then why didn't you just do that to your minions’ too." stated Rex.

        "It's because I didn't need to, they joined me willingly," said Devin.

    All of them looked at Tack and the rest of his gang abhorred knowing that they had joined Devin willingly becoming what they are. It was a little while before someone broke the silence. It was J.D. who had a question that was bugging him.

       "How are you controlling them?" asked J.D.

       "You're wondering how I did it, I'll show you." he said pulling Joshua up to the stage and turned him around to show his neck which had a big moving bump on it. 

        "What in the World is that?" screamed Stella and Roxis together.

        "You know what it is, don't you Tory." Devin said laughing at Roxis and Stella, but looking at the reaction of Tory.

         "It's a vampiric bug that bonds to a host controlling that host and turning it to a vampire zombie but it doesn't react on its own. It is controlled by a king or queen vampirism bug which is in Devin. That's why their following his orders. I'm, I right about that Devin." answered Tory.

          "Yes, you are, Tory, how did you find out so quickly?" questioned Devin “its Vampire King to you."

         "I just have read a lot about hosts and parasites and seeing as you are a vampire and seem to be the one in control it just seems obvious." stated Tory.

       "Well good assumption," said Vampire King.

       "Can I ask you something there is just one thing I'm unsure of?" asked Tory.

       "What is it?" he said.

       "Why are you doing this and what for and how did you turn into a vampire?" she questioned.

      "I'll tell you then." he said.

    It happened during spring break Devin was walking in downtown Crimson Cross City in a dark alleyway near his family's apartment complex. He was going to the lake, Lake Parker, to meet up with Rex, Zero, Jess, Tristan, Stella, Roxis, and Tory also the Twins (Michie & Marina) for a game of basketball. Suddenly he was pulled and pushed up against a wall by a young girl that was about his age. To Devin she was beautiful, on the outside with her long shimmering black midnight hair and deep magenta red eyes. On the inside she shown with an inner beauty, like a Greek goddess he'd seen in books. Her sharp pointed fang like teeth glimmered in the pale sunlight as she pressed her rose pink lips to his neck. He was about to yell and push her off him when he heard her musical voice ring in his ear like a magnificent lullaby.

     She said that he was destined to be the second most powerful vampire ruler next to her vampire king. All he needed to do was let her bite him and plant the vampirism insect into his neck and let it hatch. So he let her and came up with a plan to first take over the school to form an army then to take over the rest of the humans. 

      "Why would you let her bit you?" asked Stella.

      "I let her because I wanted to be a vampire and a powerful one at that," stated Vampire King.

      "You're going to turn all humans into your vampire zombie army," said Tristan who was shaking with fear.

      "Yeah that’s sort of the plan. I'm sort of giving life to a new humanity.” stated Vampire King.

      "That’s your plan it just sounds like you just want to rule over us" scoffed Roxis.

      "I'm trying to change you people for the better." explained Vampire King, "I'm transforming mankind from cruel, greedy, manipulative, obsessive, self-centered, and egotistic human beings into strong, graceful, beautiful vampires."

      "You're wrong about us were not that bad not all of us!" screamed Tory at King with tear-filled eyes and anger raging in her voice.

      "Most of you are. I've heard your human thoughts about the way you look at people who are different and strange. How they hate and only seek to destroy them and all others who stand in their way," screeched Vampire King with venom in his words, “You should understand that Tory; everyday someone speaks or thinks about you with disdain and abhor about how you act, dress, and think."

       Everyone was silent as they waited for Tory to speak but she never did. It seemed that no one could speak against those words. Tack and the rest started to get restless. The others were just in shock and feeling the sting of King's words. They all knew there was some truth in those words. Finally someone spoke out against The Vampire King. It was Jess infuriated and detested.

       "Not everyone thinks ill of Tory. You are one of those humans you speak of so horribly," stated Jess spitefully.

      "I'm not anymore my humanity is dead and gone along with my human side," said Vampire King turned and directed orders to Troy, Tack, Jay, and the others who were beside or around him," I think it’s time for the manhunt."

     At that said Tack and his gang got ready in a hunting predator positions. They looked hungry and mincing. Rex and the others started to get what Devin meant. It was a hunt for them, a game to capture and turn the rest of them. They decided to play along. Rex started to plan out in his head of what would happen and their chances of surviving this devil game. They started for the door, but no one tried to stop them. It seemed Devin was giving them a head start.

     As her friends left Tory was the only one left near the stage. Tack grabbed a hold of her and shoved her to the stage to Devin. He stood there with a devilish impish grin on his maniacal face. Tack passed the hold on her to Devin. He took her hand and made a sliver of a cut with his fangs into the palm of her hand letting the blood flow from it. He pulled her palm closer to his face still smiling and having a strong hold on her making her unable to pull away or put up a fight. He stuck out his tongue and licked the now quickening blood as it poured from the wound. Devin released her.

     At that moment Tory was brought back to her senses and ran for the door to find her friends. Tack and the others gave her a few minutes and then took off to find them.