"Wow...that's disgusting."

He laughed. "I have slept with different women, Nyxa. I am no saint. And I would like to believe that I am an expert when it comes to women and their desires which I have made my lifelong goal to fulfill."

She felt her face heat up at his words.

"Are you still a virgin perhaps?"

Her jaw dropped at his candor. "Excuse me?"

"Come on, Nyxa, we're both adults and to us Greeks, sex is a vital and natural part of life. It is odd that you still find sex as a taboo. So, answer me, do you have desires for this man?"

"That's really none of your business."

"It is. Because first, you're my prize, second, I don't like sharing, and third, I want to know where I stand with you. I am sure you are aware that I am attracted to you or else I wouldn't have asked your brother for you, correct?"

"As I have said, I am already engaged—"

"Unlike other men, another man's claim on a woman is not a deterrent for me if I want to pursue her. I find it archaic that a man has the say whether a woman can be pursued or not. The permission should come from the woman herself."

"You're not my type, Leiandros."

"Then what's your type?"

She couldn't reply because she really had no idea. She used to think that she wanted to marry someone like her father but as she grew older she realized that her father was married to the family business instead of her mother. She wanted someone who's well-mannered and gentle like her brother but after tonight, she realized that Janus Tantoco was nothing but a shallow and spoiled gambler who would even use his own sister as a bet.

"You don't know, do you?" he said. "You're a sheltered princess who doesn't even know what she wants."

"Are you hoping that this sheltered princess will somehow like you?"

"Come on, khriso mou, the word like is not an adjective to describe feelings. It's what we Greeks call drinking your coffee lukewarm."

"You're not going to start professing your love for me, are you?"

"I told you that I am never going to pretend or lie to you, Nyxa. I am attracted to you and willing to see where this attraction is going to lead me."

"Golden words from a womanizer."

"I am actually a one-woman man."

"That's rather hard to believe. I can confidently say that you're half-Greek, full asshole."

He laughed out loud. "The venom in your words hurt my heart, Nyxa. I can't believe that after I have sincerely given you that BigMac, you still think so badly of me."

She forced herself not to smile at his quip.

"H'wag mong pigilan 'yan, baka sa iba 'yan lumabas."

"Yuck."

He laughed again.

"Bakit ang tatas mong mag-Tagalog?" she queried.

"I was raised by Filipinos. My governess, my butler, and my personal driver are all from the Philippines."

"Sobrang close ka ba sa kanila?" she asked changing the topic.

"Yes, almost two decades ko silang kasama. Nanay Ising's like a mother to me, Manong Dado taught me how to ride a bicycle and later on how to drive, and Manong Gerry taught me how to fish and fly a kite."