3 || THE CAMPAIGN

PUNK
"Does this mean I'll get one of those shirts?"

THE HARRINGTON GIRL had been following around Dustin, trying to help him find somebody to sub for Lucas. So far they had no luck.

Dustin was currently on the phone with Steve but was too busy kicking the rocks on the floor to hear what Dustin was saying to him. But the sound of a phone slamming was enough to make the girl jump and look up at him.

"I'm going to go with.. he said no." Fiona assumed as she watched the boy stick his middle fingers up at the phone.

"You know, I could've just called him he would probably say yes to me." Fiona shrugged as Dustin looked at her in disbelief.

"Then why didn't you suggest that before I rang him!" The boy exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air as he walked away quickly, going to try and find someone else.

"I tried too but you were too busy rushing us over to the phone!" The girl exclaimed back at him making him groan and continue walking making Fiona quickly catch up to him.

"Let's try Max!" Dustin quietly yelled as he saw the ginger-haired girl before rushing over to her.

"You really think she's gonna say yes?" Fiona mumbled quietly, quickly following behind.

"Hey, Max!" Dustin yelled as he grabbed the girl's shoulder, "Wanna join the Hellfire club?"

"If I play, do I get one of those cool T-shirts?" The ginger girl asked with a smile.

Dustin laughed as he looked down at his shirt, "Yes."

"Really?" Max asked him also laughing, Fiona let out a small laugh noticing that the girl was being sarcastic and wasn't actually serious.

"Everyone gets a T-shirt. We make 'em ourselves, and if you.." The boy trailed off as he watched the girl smile and nod realising she wasn't being serious.

"You're being sarcastic." Dustin stated, now realising that asking Max was a stupid thing to do.

The girl smirked a bit before placing her skateboard onto the ground and skating away. "You being sarcastic?" He asked as he watched her.

"She was being sarcastic." Fiona told the boy as she put her hand on his shoulder. "I mean I did say that she was gonna say no."

"Let's go." Dustin told the brunette with a girl, quickly rushing to find someone else.

"And that's why you should always listen to what I have to say." The magic girl muttered to herself, running after the boy.

No. That was all Dustin and Fiona got told all afternoon. The pair sat down on a bench just as Mike came over and sat next to them.

"I hate high school." Mike told the two with a sigh.

Nobody said anything for a couple of seconds before the Henderson boy spoke up, "So screw it."

"Huh?" Fiona spoke as she looked over at Dustin confused as did Mike.

"Screw high school." Dustin quickly got up making both Mike and Fiona look at each other confused before rushing after the boy.