Twenty-Three

Luka
    It's been about 3 months since I've been here. Not much has changed. Toby's still my best friend, I'm still training every day. The only thing I don't get is my thoughts. My brain tells me one thing but my heart tells me another. I've long since given up trying to sort them out.
     My sister and I go swimming at the lake twice a week. She seems to enjoy it, I do too. There hasn't been another attack on me but knowing my luck I just jinxed myself. I still haven't gotten all my memories back but there coming along. My mind was clear, I knew what was going to happen.
      "SLENDY!!!" I ran from my room and downstairs towards the scream. Slendy was already there, a piece of paper in his hand. Where his eyes should be widened. "What?" His gaze landed on me and he silently handed me the paper.

Dear Slender Mansion,
Prepare for war. We are coming for you. Best keep your hands on that pretty little angel of yours. You won't have him for long. Brace yourselves.
Yours Truly,
Lord Z

     My jaw dropped and I paled. My hands started shaking. I couldn't breathe, I wasn't ready for this. I couldn't save them, I couldn't protect them. I couldn't even protect myself. All started to fade, the last thing I saw was EJ dropping in front of me.
~~~
     I woke up several hours later. EJ was holding my hand and whispering under his breath. His hood had fallen and his shaggy dark brown hair covering his mask. I brushed it out the way and his head snapped up to me. Suddenly his arms were wrapped around me. "I'll protect you. Always," his deep voice rumbled in his chest and danced through the air. I wrapped my arms around him, in response, his tighten around me. "Why? Why do you care for me so?" He gazed at me from behind his mask," Because. Luka. I," he took a breath," I love you."
       My mind has stopped working and I mumbled the words again. "You. Love. Me." He started to pull back," I shouldn't have-," I cut him off with my arms tightening around him. "I love you too EJ." He tightened his arms around me even more and buried his mask in my neck. Even tho I knew I loved him, I wasn't sure if I was falling in love with him. But I pushed all thoughts away and just focused on the guy with his arms wrapped around me. A pure moment of happiness. I would never forget it.

I wish I knew how wrong I was...