19. Let's clear the air

The last time we left, Vincent had cheated on Laurel with Miranda his ex. Laurel was on her way to  NY to visit him after getting the call about the two properties they were interested in to move in before the tour started.

Damage - Chris Brown

Friday, August 7th 1:00pm - Vincent's Apartment

Laurel had an uneasy feeling in her stomach when she knocked on the door to Vincent's apartment. I have a funny feeling there's something he's not telling me. Whatever, just think positive thoughts. Vincent answered the door quickly, giving her a peck on the cheek as he let her in. That's weird, he's usually more receptive towards me. Hopefully nothing is wrong. Vincent was trying to act normal, but in his gut he felt like a runaway train getting ready to crash. He paced around the kitchen nervously as Laurel went and sat down. "Laurel I have something to tell you." "I have news for you as well." Well that's fantastic!  "I got a call from a realtor about two properties out on Long Island, that fit our price range. We can view one tomorrow morning and the other Sunday afternoon." He sighed with relief, "That's wonderful! But I have to go to the studio tomorrow morning to record another song before the tour." She scoffed at him and rolled her eyes. "You can't be serious, can you? Can't that wait until later?" "No Laurel, unfortunately it can't, I need to get it done before I go on tour." 

"Again with the damn tour! You spend more time doing that, then focusing on me and our unborn children?!" There's some truth to that. I haven't asked her about the twins lately. Seeing her distress he walked over to her and knelt down on the floor. "I'm sorry, honey. Can I make it up to you? How about you come to the studio with me tonight while I record a new song?" He hugged her belly, feeling the twins kick from his voice. She couldn't resist the power of his hugs and she giggled. "Fine we'll go, but no monkey business." 

—-

4:15pm Barnes and Noble 

The rest of the day went pretty smooth. Vincent didn't feel as nervous around her. Laurel felt like things were returning back to normal between them. They were busy browsing nursery rhyme books when Vincent's phone rang. That's odd. Why is his phone so close? Wait a minute he left it in my coat pocket! He was in the restroom and so he wasn't able to answer it. Laurel unlocked the phone practically dropping it as she read the message on the screen. "I just wanted to say thank you for the other night. I had a lot of fun. ;-) - M." She stood in silence for a moment in complete shock. What did Miranda mean by the other night? What transpired between them? Laurel pushed the thought in the back of her mind as Vincent reappeared at the end of the aisle. She put the phone back in her pocket  and walked towards him with the basket of books. They checked out the books they decided on and put them in the car. 

5:30pm Vincent's Apartment 

It took about a little over an hour for them to get back to his place due to weekend traffic. He took a shower while she made herself a turkey sandwich and grabbed a fruit cup. Why is he taking a shower now? It's too early in the evening to do that. Whatever. Laurel ate quickly wanting to catch up with her friend. She opened her cell phone and called Marisol. She got back in the states last weekend, and was busy so she hadn't caught up with her bestie. 

"Hi Marisol. I have something to tell you." "Hi Elle! How's the twins doing? What's up?" She chuckled. Nevermind me, it's all about the twins. "The twins are fine. It's about Vincent. I think he slept with Miranda after I left last weekend." "No that can't be right. He wouldn't do that to you, he loves you. Better yet do you have proof?" "No I don't. He got a text message from her saying thanks for the other night." "Well ask him about it and see what he says." "Ok I will."