nine. strange

ANTEBELLUM: IX

ANTEBELLUM: IX

RAMSEY BIANCHI

I SIGH IN PURE DISCONTENT AS THE PAINTBRUSH SMEAR ACROSS THE POSTER. The word 'prom' is written in the center of the paper, I sat on the side of the poster as I traced the word 'P' with the paintbrush. Gwen had dragged me to the school gymnasium to help decorate some posters to announce that prom was just around the corner, despite wanting to go to the schoolyard I decided to help.

Also, who doesn't love to paint?

The rest of the STUCO members were actively discussing what their last three activities will be to raise funds for the graduation, Kasem had suggested they implemented my idea of doing something fun-related. I had decided to not include myself, my mind was filled with worry about the upcoming Calculus test. The topics weren't hard, I knew that, but I can't help but feel like I was going to flunk the test. My nervousness was due to potentially being benched for this Outdoor Nationals for track and field, I knew if I failed the test I was going to end myself.

Not literally of course, but still.

A silhouette passed by me, I raised my head and turn to the person who in return gave me a worried look. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Gwen sat adjacent to me, being careful with the poster. She grabbed my cup and refill it with more blue paint, I sigh and looked at her. "Calculus is what's wrong. Hell, I won't even need that in the real world."

Gwen sighed in relief, she rolled her pretty blue eyes before handing me the newly filled cup. "You don't know that, what if the world comes to an end and the only salvation is to solve a calculus problem?"

I stare at her, my expression bored. "Then you better pray Einstein comes back from the dead."

Gwen chuckles, I dip the brush in the paint and resume my delicate painting. "Well, you know I would be more than glad to tutor you. You just had to ask."

I nodded, "I know. But, what about Flash? Aren't you tutoring that dork?"