story 68

Kie's POV:

It was our junior year and one of the class requirements was some stupid acting, reading, and a class performance. In order to pass the class, we had to be in the class play. It was so stupid.

The teacher, Mrs. Johnson had us all draw roles for the playout of a hat. I was praying that I got a crew role, lights, set up, or something. Anything but acting. Pope got the role of the director, of course, he was thrilled.

John B was in the play playing one of the love interests and JJ was the other love interest. They were both laughing and I drew my slip of paper out and saw I was playing some girl character. I thought nothing of it until I realized she was the main character. I was going to have to kiss John B and JJ. They both thought it was hilarious.

The bell rang and we all went to the parking lot and got in John B's van and went back to the chateau.

Pope was flipping through the script and he started laughing and said, "Yo, JB JJ the play is literally about the two of you fighting over Kie"

"What?" I asked and Pope showed me and it was crazy

The two boys were literally fighting over me and I had to kiss both of them. Shit.

"Well, this totally breaks the rule"

"Wanna practice?" John B asked

"Shut up, I don't want to kiss either of you. It will totally ruin our friendship"

"Yeah, you're right" John B said realizing I was right

The next day, we started play practice and reading lines. I stayed after and asked to switch roles. I told the teacher it was way too weird for me to kiss both my best friends. I said that I wasn't comfortable with it. She told me it wasn't possible to switch. I only had to do the kiss once. In front of everyone.

We spent all semester practicing for this stupid thing. I was so nervous. I was hanging out with the boys. We were all getting ready at the school and the play was about to start.

I was with John B and JJ and they said, "Remember, nothing changes after this"

"Nothing changes" I said and we did our signature handshake

The play started and it was going well. I was actually having fun on stage with John B and JJ as it was all just a huge joke to us. The end of the play was approaching. My character ends up with John B's character. I had to kiss John B now. The kiss was short and didn't feel weird at all.

The next scene was the one I had to kiss JJ in. We were saying our dumb lines and I looked into his eyes. It was suddenly like we were the only two there. He grabbed my hands and held both of them. This wasn't in the script. He continued talking and it came time for the kiss. I was so nervous as he leaned in. He had one hand on my hip, kinda around my waist and the other on my face. Our lips touched for a brief second and then I kissed him back. This wasn't like the peck it was supposed to be. It lasted a few seconds and then there was tongue. I didn't want to stop. Thankfully, JJ pulled away and the scene ended and he practically ran off stage.

The final scene was coming and I had to change quick but I also needed to talk to JJ.

John B came in my dressing room and asked, "What the hell was that?"

"What do you mean?" I asked playing dumb

"You're supposed to be in love with me, not JJ. Now you better make our kiss ten times better than the first time because you just made everyone in the audience believe JJ is the one you love" John B yelled as he stormed out of my dressing room