Chapter XVIII: Get The Others

Sorry for any spelling mistakes!!

-

They were so close to Dawn Windery. So close. It made Kaeya's heart beat faster. He also didn't think he could hold onto Albedo's talons forever. He felt his grip weakening and arms loosing their feel.

"Albedo!" He called up to the boy, adjusting his grip. "Don't you dare land here either!"

The dragon stared down at him with big black eyes, seemingly to communicate with him. The look he was giving was one of "what the fuck, who do you think you're talking to?"

Kaeya just glared at him, annoyed.

They were over top of the winery now and he had the cruel idea to let Albedo burn down his brother's pride and joy.

But no. Kaeya had to get Albedo to land in Stormterror's Lair. He took a deep breath, feeling his hands slip slightly.

Okay. He needed to fix that or else he would fall at this rate.

Maybe he could haul himself up and onto Albedo's back? Or would he just slip and fall doing that in the process?

Think Kaeya think! Albedo needs saving and you're here helpless.

It was times like these that Kaeya wished he had Jean's brain. Or Lisa's. Either we're good and better than his.

He wasn't coming up with any other ideas, so hauling himself up onto Albedo's back was it, he guessed.

Kaeya took a deep breath before he began swinging himself. Once he got enough air, he hiked his body up, the motion causing Albedo to tip a bit. He grabbed his chance and swung his legs up and over until he was steadily riding on Albedo's back.

"Yes," Kaeya said in victory to himself. "Okay, big guy. Let's get you out of the way of people."

Albedo shifted and flicked his tail in annoyance, almost slapping Kaeya in the face. Luckily he grabbed it in time and squeezed it. Albedo huffed and whined but the captain stayed in place.

They passed Dawn Winery and Kaeya sighed in relief. Even if he and his brother had a rocky relationship (and a deep hate for each other), he wouldn't want to see Diluc's winery destroyed.

"Albedo dearest, keep flying." Kaeya half-ordered. He was surprised when the dragon huffed and picked up speed.

Maybe it was his royal Khaenri'an background, but Albedo was listening so he guessed it was a win for him.

-

Krein sprinted after his mother and the dragon. It was so fast, flying through the air like it's body weight was nothing.

Krein stumbled and tripped over a root in the ground, falling face first into the muddy soil.

He could not stop though. He needed to get to his mother.

He continued running after them even as his legs tired and wanted to give up, he kept going.

Up the icy mountain they went.

Although the cold did not affect Krein as much as it would a human, the snow was deep and so it was hard to run. It slowed him down.

Krein breathed heavily, trying to regain his breath after running so long in this weather and snow.

He wanted to take a break — a short rest to calm his racing heart — but he would loose sight of his mother and the dragon and that could not happen.

He ran faster than he had before, a new determination set within his heart.

The dragon flew towards the city and Krein nearly panicked. It would terrorize and destroy everything in sight!

His energy suddenly replenished and he felt stronger. A light seemed to radiate from his hands and he nearly stopped to inspect it to get a closer look. He had to keep running though. To get to his mother and to protect the city.

The dragon seemed to slow down a bit as they were nearing it. It huffed before flying a bit farther. Krein kept up with it as it flew. His mother screamed as the dragon reset it's grip on her.

An unspeakable fear crept up Krein's throat at the thought of his mother falling. He needed to get to her.

"Prince!" Someone called from behind him. It looked to be a group of travelers coming back from their travels.

"Travelers! I need your help!" Krein called to them, keeping an eye on the dragon hovering above him.

"We can help you! Our queen is in danger, we must help the prince to get her!" A female traveler called to the rest of the group. They all nodded and ran faster towards him.

"My name's Jane. Do you know how to stop it?" Another female traveler said. She had blond hair tied in a ponytail and an anemo vision. Another traveler came up beside her, she was a brunette with an electro vision. She put a hand on Jane's shoulder and squeezed it gently.

"No. I only know that it was created using dark magic." Krein answered, looking at the other 4 travelers.

One had navy blue hair and had a cryo vision. He was bickering with a red haired man who had a pyro vision. Among them was a younger girl, blond like Jane, with a hydro vision. Maybe they were sisters.

"The dragon is getting away! We need to go after it!" The little blond girl cried, pointing a finger in the direction of the black dragon.

It had taken a turn somewhere along the way, taking a detour to circle around some ruins.

This was their chance!

Jane threw a spell at the dragon, making it turn and look at them with a glare. It turned around and huffed.

It started flying towards them, the queen still in his talons. She seemed to have fainted some time before.

"Watch out!" Krein cried before the dragon was swooping down towards them, spitting out fire from its mouth.

"Two can play at that game," the man with a pyro vision said, his sword lighting up with fire. He waited until the dragon swooped down once more before hitting it.

The dragon cried out, it's rawr ear piercing. It flew high up again and began making its way towards some ruins.

"Follow it! We can't let it get away!" Jane said and the group rushed after the dragon.

-

I'm going to ignore the month-long space between this chapter and the last.. sorry about that. Exams have been hectic, but I'm finally done!

Comments, questions, and concerns can be put here >>>>>

See you guys soon!! (Hopefully)