12 | 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗹

"I prefer Solo Fun rather than a bickering girlfriend, you know what I mean?"

People talk in the hallways.

"I mean, look at her. She's the definition of flat. How could he even like her. Yikes," says a girl to her 'friend'.

People talk a lot.

"I wish I could do it to him. He looks hot, why did we never notice him?"

People talk way more than what they should.

Wonwoo tries to hide his very obvious shame as he, Seungkwan and me walk through the hallway during the recess. Seungkwan doesn't say anything and keeps his mouth shut, but I am not willing to what he's doing. I want to speak to Wonwoo and do something about everything.

"Just endure it, they aren't going to talk about me and her forever." Wonwoo's expression completely contradicts his sentence and I stop looking at him for a while. Before he said that I didn't realise I was staring at him throughout.

"Are you really okay with this?" I ask him and we reach the end of the hallway where there's a junction for the stairs. No one usually comes here but today, there are a bunch of girls standing at our usual position where we hang out. They look like... they've been waiting for something.

By the time I realise who that someone, not something, is, I want to puke. Is this normal to be this toxic in schools here? I would rather take a dropout than even be a spectator of this.

"No one is okay with any of this. Like I said," Wonwoo turns to me, "just endure it."

The way he says that sentence so heroically, I want to punch him. That's when I realise that the clicks had already been clicking and I wasn't even in usual state. Although asking him whether he found if any of this was okay or not was almost my decision, I am happy I said something according to my personality. But now, I'm back to being pathetic-comedian-quote-unquote-best-friend-of-Jeon-Wonwoo.

"Yeah, let's get low." What the hell did I just say now? I don't know this much Korean.

Wonwoo nods and Seungkwan makes the first move, "Yes, guys, as you can see, Wonwoo's back, so do you want to ask him anything?" What the hell, Seungkwan?

A girl smirks and comes forward, rolling the edge of her hairs with a finger. "How did you get her?" She looks him up and down, "Aren't you a bit too handsome for her?"

She comes a little closer to Wonwoo and keeps her hand on his shoulder. The entire crowd gasps. Today has been a Day of Gasps, I must say. First in the class with the girl at the last bench and the teacher, now this.

"Wouldn't you want to date a better girl? You've broken up with her now." The way this woman is seducing my friend in front of the whole school is the greatest red flag I've ever come across in life. I want to run away as soon as possible, but my legs are jammed to their positions. Oh, how high can this get?

Wonwoo smirks back. And I'm not going to lie... he looks kind of hot. "Better girl? Would you like to find one for me?"

Woah. That was badass. He's turned into a man-whore now, brilliant! What the hell does this click thing even do to our poor brains?

Following the comment that Wonwoo just made, the Awkwardly Seductive Girl's mouth opens wide and she looks at him incredulously. The crowd collectively, and you got it right, gasps again. I swear if they gasp one more time—

"Okay, you can see one is standing right in front of you." Another collective gasp.

That's it, I'm done. I'm going home.