Bree looks at me adoringly. "I've always told you, you two are forever" she say, placing her hand on my thigh lovingly.

When she does so, my eyes fall on her fingers, where I see a ring I've never seen before. My eyes grow wide. "And what about you, Bree?" I say smirking, holding her hand out for her to see what I'm looking at.

Bree blushes when I do so. "It's not like it's an engagement ring. He just promised to be by my side. I think he got sentimental with everything that happened with Jace, because he saw how much you were there for him. I still love it though" she explains.

"Bree, I think we got ourselves two keepers" I say, genuinely smiling at her.

"Looks like it. Speaking of, let's grab the boys. I'm hungry" Bree says, pulling me into the living room by my hand. The sun's already setting when we're ready for dinner and we spend the rest of the evening enjoying the amazing food.

"I was talking to Mila in the kitchen earlier, we're all so happy that you're doing well, Jace. Austin said that the recovery was pretty fast this time?" Bree asks, making conversation as we sip on our third glass of wine. For some reason, the topic isn't awkward at all amongst us four. 

Jace nods his head back at her. "I think the last time, it was an actual addiction. This time was different, I guess I was just trying to punish myself in a way. Seems like my body just had to rid itself off all the toxins" he answers honestly. I feel that Jace isn't uncomfortable talking about it, but I place my hand on his thigh anyway. 

"Plus that little badass you have on your side. Never let her go, man" Austin says smirking, and I laugh at his sentence.

Jace looks at me seriously. "I don't plan on it" he says, placing his hand on mine.

"Alright, well I'll go grab the dessert" Bree says, and Austin gets up to help her. Jace's longing stare lasts on me, and I feel the need to press my lips onto his. Before I can do so, Austin and Bree already return. We enjoy the dessert, and when I feel Jace getting a little tired, we decide it's best to head home.

"This was lovely you guys, thank you for all the work" I say, really meaning it.

"The pleasure was ours" Bree says. As she hugs me, she whispers in my ear. "Go get your man, I think the two of you need it" she adds, smirking at me when she pulls away. I chuckle at her comment, and soon after, Jace and I are on our way home. 

Jace's phone buzzes as we're still in the car. "Can you read that for me?" he asks me, and I grab his phone without a second thought.

My eyes grow wide at what I see. "It's from my dad. Why is my dad texting you?" I say, confused to say the least. 

"Just open it, you'll see" Jace answers, smirking back at me. 

"Someone's coming to pick it all up tomorrow, you don't have to worry about anything else" I read out loud, realising what this must mean. "The drugs from your place?" I ask him.

Jace nods his head back at me, as he pulls into his parking spot at home. "Yeah, they're going back to their dad, he can let someone else sell them" he says, and I'm happy that he's handling it. The phone buzzes another time, and I smile at the message I read.

"My dad says that he's proud of you for becoming a better man for me. And he says that I really love you. He's right" I say, placing his phone in his hands. 

Jace smile at me genuinely, and I'm more than happy that my dad seems to finally accept him. "And I love you" Jace responds. I smile back at Jace, and think of Bree's suggestion from earlier. I look at the person opposite of me, and feel like I'm home. I know that I want to feel this feeling forever. Maybe I am ready to take the next step with him again, but I would be way too scared to make the first move. I don't know how Jace is feeling today.