When You Leave To Go On Tour

Watching you begin to throw your suitcase together was far from ideal for Taehyung as he sat down on the end of the bed. Each item felt like another kick in the teeth, another item for yet another day that the two of you would have to ultimately spend apart from one another.

The case was the one he had emptied just a little over a month ago after returning from tour with BTS, and now it was ready to fly around the world again, this time in your company as you travelled around Asia.

There was barely much time at all in between your busy lives when the case would be at home, between the two of you, it got plenty of use, not that either of you enjoyed that part of your lives.

"It sucks that you're going," Taehyung soon mumbled to himself.

Your eyes looked across to him as you heard him speak up, dropping another of your shirts into the case. "I know, but it's only for four weeks, it's one of the shortest trips either of us have been on in a while.

Although his head nodded in agreement with you, it didn't make it any easier for Taehyung to watch you packing your belongings up. "Just when I think we've really got the time to settle with each other, something else comes up again, another trip to go on."

You could only smile back across at him, there was nothing else for you to say, other than to agree. It was the way of life you both had chosen, and somehow you had to find the time to fit each other into that structure too.

"Don't forget to take one of my shirts," Taehyung called out to you as you finished packing up your own shirts, "I know how much you love to sleep in one."

Your cheeks darkened in appreciation of how attentive Taehyung was as you made your way around to his wardrobe, picking up the shirt that was on the top of his pile.

"That's one of my favourites," he spoke, "so, you can have it."

"I've got to take one of your favourites," you tried to reason with him, "how else will I have a part of you with me if it's not with something that you like?"

Rather than speak, Taehyung nodded as he felt a gulp run down his throat. Although he was used to seeing you come and go, there was something different this time around, for once, you'd had a substantial amount of time with one another, more than just a week or two.

"It's going to be weird not waking up beside you again," you smiled, perching on the end of the bed, "I've gotten quite used to our mornings together."

Taehyung quickly shuffled forwards so that he was sat right by your side, moving his hand across to relax it against the top of your leg, nudging your side gently.

"I wish that I could go with you, that I could just forget about work and my responsibilities here and spend time with you."

"I wish that life was that easy too Tae."

His arm wrapped around you as he pulled you in tightly to rest against his chest, "if I hold you here tight enough, will you be too weak to get away and go on the road."

"I'll probably get the sack if I stayed here instead."

"Would it be the worst thing in the world?"

Your hand pushed against his chest as he tried to convince you to stay, no matter how happy he wanted to be that you were back on the road, he just couldn't find his smile.

He hated being away from you, whether it was him that was travelling, or you. "This place is going to feel so empty without you here, who's going to be here to help me when I need it, or play with my hair when I'm trying to get to sleep?"

"You'll just have to call Kook, I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time that he's played with your hair, am I right?"

Taehyung's mouth opened to protest, quickly closing again when he realised that he couldn't argue, and that you were in fact right.

"Think of it this way, who's going to be there when you want someone to play with your hair," he argued instead.

His hand instantly began to run through your hair, reminding you how much he loved to play with it, and how calming his touch was too whenever it ran along your body.

"You know that I love being at home, and I love being with you, but I've got to go," you sighed, trying to ignore him as best as you could, "I hated seeing you go not too long ago, but I still let you go because I knew you were going off to do what you love."

"I know," he whispered dejectedly, "I just hate being the one that's left behind, at home alone."

"It's never easy."

His head instantly nodded in agreement with you, no matter who left, or how many goodbyes the two of you made, it never got easy for either of you.

"In the blink of an eye, I'll be back," you added, "and then we can spend a bit longer at home, together, without either of us going away again."

With your cycles of work both starting again and plenty of new music to create you both had lengthy spells at home ahead of you, the perfect opportunity after a long time of waiting to really enjoy being at home with one another.

"That's four weeks away," Taehyung whined, "four whole weeks away from you."

Your eyes rolled at the frustration in his voice, "it's something that we've done plenty of times before, we can do it again too Taehyung."

"I wish it didn't have to be this way, I still wish that I could just runaway and go on tour with you and forget about everything else."

It was a thought that had crossed your mind several times too when you'd said goodbye to Taehyung, but sadly for you both, it just wasn't plausible. You both were busy, and you loved it, but with that came a hatred of constantly being away from each other.

You wished more than anything that your schedules could align, that one day you'd get the chance to go away together and see the world. Whilst the two of you loved travelling with your respective groups, there was a magic that was missing with not having each other.

For all of the memories that you had made, all of them belonged at home, too busy to ever find the chance to escape with one another.

"We've still got one last night before I go," you reminded Taehyung in a whisper.

A soft hum came from above your head as he pulled you into him even tighter, "why don't I help you finish packing all of this up so that you can get it done quicker? Then we can spend our final few hours doing something fun."

"You'll just hide my cases."

"No!" Taehyung tried to protest, but as his voice faltered you managed to see right through him, "alright, so maybe I would have tried to stall you from going tomorrow."

Your head shook, hitting gently against his leg, "I've got to go, and you've got to stay here, that's just the way that it's got to be."

It was the last thing that he ever wanted to admit, but in his heart, Taehyung knew that you were left with no other option. Time apart should have been something the two of you were used to by now, but neither of you could ever quite get used to it.

"And you'll be back as soon as you can be, right?"

"Of course, I will Tae."

-----

A/N

Hope you guys like it!
A follow maybe?