The Baby

Sherlock and John have returned from a crimescene, with a baby. The reason why they had a baby with them is because at the crimescene they fond him in a dark corner. Lestrad asked Sherlock and John if they could take care of him for a few days while he searched for the little baby boy's familiy. On the blancket he was "packaged" into, stood his name Benedict. At 221B, John told Sherlock he had to go to the store, and also told him to behave around Benedict while he was gone. Then John left.

Sherlock held his hands together the way he always does when he is thinking. Benedict lay quietly on the couch. Sherlock's eyes were closed as he was deep in his mind palace. Then, Benedict started to cry. After a few seconds, Sherlock opened his eyes and sighed. He glanced at the baby. "Shut up", he said, trying to look a bit scary. But Benedict wouldn't stop crying and it started to really annoy Sherlock. He looked at his clock, only five minutes since John left to go shopping. Sherlock tried once to consentrate but it was useless.

"Oh for God's sake", He rose up from his chair and walked over to Benedict who stopped crying. They both looked at each other, Benedict with big brown eyes, and Sherlock with a beaituful mix of the colours blue and green. "What?" Sherlock squinted his eyes. "Hm... Well, that was easy." But just when Sherlock turned around, Benedict started to cry out again. Sherlock sighed, higher this time. "You want attention do you?" Sherlock looked around the living room, trying to find something that would stop the little boy from crying. On the desk beside the computer lay Benedict's pacifier. Sherlock picked it up and gave it to him. "Here, take this and be quiet."

But Benedict didn't want that and he threw it on the floor and raised his arms up towards Sherlock. "No, no," he said, trying to walk away, but Benedict cried, again. Sherlock shook his head and turned against the boy, still stretching out his arms. "Ahh... Fine, but just this one time." He loward his arms and lifted up Benedict. "How are people handling this?" he asked himself as he held Benedict against his chest.

Suddenly, Benedict had stopped crying. He looked so comfortable were he was, so close to Sherlock. After a few minutes, Sherlock heard the front door from down stairs, open and closing. Probably John was back. Gently, Sherlock laid Benedict down on the couch again before sitting down in his own chair. John came upstairs, looking at Benedict, then Sherlock. "Looks like he is sleeping comfortable. Any trouble while I was gone?", he asked and walked in to the kitchen. "He wouldn't stop crying for a moment", Sherlock answered. "What did you do to make him stop?" Sherlock looked at Benedict and said, "Well, you know me John. No one can resist my charm", and just as he finished, a glimpse of a smile showed up on his face before he turned his eyes away from Benedict.