Playing Dirty with Harry Styles

| B L U R B |

Brooklynn giggled, running her fingers slowly down Harry’s arm, down to his fingertips, causing goose bumps to appear on his arm.  He smirked at the girl who’d suddenly approached him in the deserted pub.  Breathing heavily he leaned in, smirking at her petite appearance.  She flinched as his warm breath tingled her neck.

"You don’t usually see girls like you at a pub," He smirked, leaving a hot peck on her neck.  She smiled craning her neck upward. 

“I’m just not your normal girl, I guess.” She breathed lightly, tugging on the collar of his blue polo shirt.

"So you liked it." Harry pointed out but she just smiled.

She wrapped both her arms around his neck and whispered into his ear.

"Nice try, lover boy. Maybe next time."

And with that she strode off, leaving a baffled Harry Styles in the middle of the pub watching her walk away.

| P R O L O G U E |

Dropping her pencil out of her aching hand, Brooklynn smiled at herself, looking through the finished history paper with pleasure.  It was a ten-paged paper that she’d been working on for the past five days, and now it was finally finished with.  Letting out a long sigh of relief, she got up from the wooden chair she had been sitting on for such a long time.  Walking out of her room and into the den, she found her two roommates lounging on the couch watching TV.

“Look who’s out of her cave,” Alice joked, looking up from her and Eliza’s favorite show, Big Bang Theory.

“Did you finish?” Eliza asked.

“Finally,” Brooklynn rolled her eyes.  Though honestly, she enjoyed writing papers and being cooped up in a room with only one thing to think about.  It was her definition of fun.

“Well, happy Valentine’s Day.  Sucky way for you to spend it, isn’t it, Brook?” Alice smirked.

Brooklynn ignored her comment as she walked over to the fridge and grabbed the orange juice, pouring it into a glass.

“You know, you don’t have to keep hiding from him,” Eliza said exaggerating the ‘him.’

Alice and Brook exchanged looks before Brook answered in a hushed tone, “I’ve never told you guys, have I?” She took a seat on the couch between the two girls.

They both shook their heads quickly, excited to finally hear this story about her “horrible ex”. 

“It was when I was in tenth grade…

****

Brook grabbed her purple backpack, swinging it over her shoulder as she dashed out of math class, towards the huge double doors that welcomed in the warmth outside.  It was the last day of school before summer break in beautiful Cheshire, England.  Everyone was in a bubbly mood, including Brook, but she had more than the last day of school to be cheery about today. 

With her good news she ran down the school steps, accidently bumping into a few people and quickly apologizing without stopping.

She didn’t stop running till she reached the outside of W. Madeville Bakery, which was a bakery near the school.  A place she had visited after school for over a year.  Before it was just to admire a certain boy that worked here, but now it was to visit her boyfriend.

Smiling, she walked in as calmly as she could, even though internally she was jumping up and down with excitement. 

The curly headed boy looked up from behind the counter, but as soon as his eyes met hers his smile vanished. His usual dimples didn’t appear on his bright face.  Instead he was dull and unhappy. 

Brook saw this and her smile also disappeared, but it reappeared when she realized she knew why he was so down today.  It was because today was the last day she was supposedly ever going to see him.  She was supposed to leave back to America later tonight.  But she was only “supposed to.”  Plans had changed and that was why she had come running to see him as quickly as possible.

“Hey, Harry,” she greeted happily but before she could continue he cut her off.

“This is not working out and it won’t,” he said walking around the counter to stand in front of her. 

“What?” she asked, dumbfound.

“You know, about us… It won’t work.” He shrugged, “It wasn’t really working out in person, so a long distance relationship definitely won’t.  I just thought that I should say it in person when I had the chance.”

****

“… And that was pretty much it.” Brook said, biting her lip trying to keep the tears from overflowing.

“That’s harsh,” Eliza said also biting her lip.  “I am so sorry.”

“It’s okay.  I made a vow that week,” Brooklynn giggled.  “Maybe it was stupid, but I decided then that I would somehow ruin his life.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey :)  I hope you enjoyed the start.  Please let me know if it's good enough to keep.  Comments/Votes/Fans would mean the world. x

Thank you all ~ <3

  - Aria