My Angel From Above

Light streamed through my half opened window. The drops of water sit on the bottom of the glass. The light catches my eye and I shoot straight up from the cozy spot on my bed. I realize I'm no longer in my dream. Only the cruel reality I call life. I slowly get out of bed and walk to the window. I open the shades letting more light into my room. It stings my eyes, but I'm too tired to notice. My fingers reach up to touch the cold window. Across I can see Kevin's house barley visible beneath the deep snow. I stand their in my T-shirt and shorts staring at his house. The kids at school have been picking on me lately. Saying I'll never find a boyfriend with my blond hair. I reach for my cellphone. Brenda texted me. I reach back thinking to myself. After a moment I turn to look at my closet. Something moved in the back. I creep over to the closet and reach inside. Something fluffy touched my hand.

"Screech!" My cat jumped out from under my hand.

"Fluffy!" My brother comes crashing through my door yelling his cat'a name. Fluffy jumps into his arms and starts licking his face. "Alex! I told you not to scare fluffy!"

"I didn't." I calmly stepped toward Tony. "Plus I wasn't the one who put Fluffy in here." I flick him on the forehead.

"Mom!" Tony ran out the door and down the stairs. Oh no not mom! I quickly follow him watching my feet as I speed down the stairs. My feet met someone else's. my mothers. I look up to her face only to see anger flash in her eyes.