Chapter 13- Without you

Recap

As we walked I couldn't help but look at the beautiful designs of the palace. But my curiosity got the best of me.

"Where is Esla and Badr?" He froze.

Recap end

"They're gone." The happiness in his voice was gone and replaced by an empty voice.

"What happened after I left." My voice became more urget. We stopped and he put his head down.

"Darius." I remember him... "He was a spy, when they found out I was used as a hostage. Father asked him to give me back but he refused. So then father killed him." I froze. His voice shook. I put my hamd on his shoulder, he looked at me my eyes softened.

"As a punishment for helping a spy they sent him into fight in the war. Mother and I tried to stop. But no one would listen to us. A few months later a box came to our house." My eyes widened in shock.

"Noo-oo." My voice shook dreading what he was about to tell me.

"It was his belongings. They said that his body was lost in the battle. All that was left was his sword." My eyes welled in tears.

"Why... Badr.." He did nothing wrong and yet how could they do this to them what coused them to deserve such a fate?

"And what about Esla?" He looked even more saddened.

"Years after father's death everything went back to normal. But since father's last words the village had changed. They help us and I went around helping people in need. But one day mother fell ill and ahe couldn't survive." My eyes drooped in shame and sadness.

"Maybe if I hadn't left you all of this wouldn't had happened." He patted head and smiled at me.

"We understand why you needed to leave Delphine." I hugged him and he returned it. His warm chest and arms was nice. I heard sniffles, I gave him a small smile.

"Just let it out Sinbad." He hugged me even tighter but not saying a word.

Sinbad pov

I let all my bottled emotions out. Sadness. Anguish. And so much more. Scars that could have never healed she was the only thing that kept me going. Delphine never changed a bit she is still who I remeber she was. I still have those same feelings that I had back then.... Back then....

Delphine pov

Only a few minutes had passed I patted his back. I didn't care that he was ruining my clothes. He wiped his eyes and smiled at me.

"Thank you Delphine." He hugged me again but this time I felt my face get a bit hot and red.

"No pro-blem." I felt like an idiot. Why am I blushing? He smiled at my reaction.

"Well now that you know everything, I prepared a feast for you. This way." He held my hand I blushed again. We walked through more hallways and came upon a large double door.

"In here." He opened the door and a gush of delicious food came upy nose. My stomach growled. He laughed.

"What? I'm hungry." I pouted. I front of me stood eight people. They looked strong but has kind faces I wonder who they are...