9b. ➝ Chapter 3 - Victimizer

---

"Monica, can you tell me what it was like? What's the first thing that you remember?" I asked as she sat on the edge of the x-ray table. "I need to be able to understand."

"Pain." She said simply. I nodded along, crossing my arms and running my finger index finger over my bottom lip. "And then, Wanda's voice inside my head."

"Mind control..." I whispered more to myself than to Monica. "Anything else?"

"There was this feeling keeping me down. This hopeless feeling." Monica continued to explain, staring off into space as she recalled her time inside the anomaly. "Like drowning. It was grief."

The doctor then walked in cutting our conversation short. I let out a shakey breath as I turned away from Monica. I heard her get told to lie down on the bed and that it would be a painless experience. My thoughts were rushing like water cascading down a steep mountain. I sealed my eyes shut Wanda's crys for help echoing through my head for a millisecond making my eyes snap back open. Through all my messy thoughts one was crystal clear.

Vision was the victim and Wanda was the main victimizer. But how did was Vision now walking around without a hole in his head?

I'd seen him like 3/4 days ago when me and Wanda went to the Sword facility together but he was in pieces, literally.

"You can sit up now." I heard the doctors monotone voice drone snapping me out of my whirlwind of thoughts. I turned back around hearing Monica mumble something before sighing as she sat up on the medical bed.

"So am I cleared?" Monica asked making my eyes flick to the doctor who was making her way across the room to her computer.

"Once I get a look at these." She replied, reaching her desk, placing some large files down.

"Where's my uniform?" Monica asked maneuvering her legs over the side so they were dangling like they had been when I had started conversing with her.

"In analysis." The doctor replied, still sounding pretty robotic.

"The lab said they wanted to examine it." I carried on, showing a lot more emotion in my voice although more than I would have liked. She nodded her head slowly at me before she sighed again and pressed her palm to her forehead. I could tell that she was still a little apprehensive about me and I can't blame her, a similar power to my sisters does flow through my veins.

Suddenly the door to the med room opened, Jimmy walking in, Darcy trailing slightly behind him. I smiled at them, both of them returning it warmly. Monica had glanced up at the sound of the door, letting her hand lower slightly as Jimmy made his way to her side.

"Mighty glad to have you back, Captain." Jimmy greeted with a warm smile but it dropped slightly as he asked his next question. "How're you feeling?"

"Like myself." She replied turning slightly so she was facing him a tad more.

"Well, thank heaven's for that." Jimmy said making me flash a quick smile, Monica doing the same. Like mine her smile dropped once again, her eyes shifting to a very antsy looking Darcy.

"Uh, what's the latest?" Monica asked stiffening up slightly and clearing her throat.

"Uh, there's a briefing in ten." Darcy spoke up, clearing her throat as well. She then proceeded to hold a neatly folded outfit out for Monica to take. "Pants are encouraged."