Scared Potter?

"He's my cousin Potter!"

"I'm his godfather Malfoy!"

Harry flung his hand up in frustration almost knocking over a framed picture of Teddy and Andromeda at the beach.

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy were childhood rivals, now only slightly more civil than they had been at school. They had been fighting for quite some time over who would take care of Teddy, seeing as Draco was his only blood relative left and Harry was his godfather.

They both happened to be the only available family left to take care of him.(Narcissa and Andromeda decided to move to France after the war, getting apartment together and making up for lost time.)

The house they were in currently was Hermione and Rons flat, in muggle London. Books were strewn across the tables and a plate of cookies lay untouched on the coffee table.

Harry and Draco had been arguing for over an hour already leaving a visibly frustrated Hermione to take care of a previously asleep Teddy.

"Honestly you two, you're fighting again?" Hermione looked up from her book and scolded them from her place on an armchair, she placed a wandless silencing charm over them and continued to gently swaddle the child in question.

Edward Remus Lupin (or Teddy for short) squirmed in the blanket, his normally light turquoise hair turning a pale blond colour and signalling to the adults that he very clearly wanted to be held by his cousin.

Draco stopped his argument abruptly after seeing Teddys hair change and removed the charm that Hermione had placed, he carefully reached out to take his small cousin from Hermione's gentle, albeit hesitant embrace. He leaned against a bookcase and held the baby gently as if he were made of glass. Soon enough Teddy grasped Dracos pinky finger tightly.

As soon as Teddy was planted in his arms Dracos face lit up with a happy smile- a real smile? Harry did a double take, the only other time Harry had seen Draco smile for real was once in third year when he got a carnivorous plant named David from Pansy, rumour has it he still has David somewhere. Harry would have to remember to ask him about it later.

When he wasn't sneering and scowling like a stuck up four year old Draco was almost attractive?

Did I just call him attractive? Harry reprimanded himself, it was Malfoy of all people, the bloody git who had tried to kill him more then once and had gotten him in trouble a myriad of times. He's different now and you know it. A small voice in the back of his head retorted. Fine whatever Dracos always been annoyingly attractive. Harry admitted to himself grumpily then he mentally shook himself and refocused on reality.

That slimy bastard was still smiling endearingly at the giggling infant held against his chest. 'What an arse' Harry thought rolling his eyes. I can't believe Teddy is happy cuddled up against Malfoy. Traitor.

"IVE GOT IT!" Hermione shrieked brightly, you could practically see the lightbulb go off over her head. Draco jerked his head up in surprise, the annoyed expression leaping back on his face and covering up any past joy he had from seeing Teddy giggle and grab his fingers.

Surprisingly Harry found himself missing the happy and joyous expression and hoping that Draco might possibly smile again. It's just my hero complex (or so Ron calls it) making me want him to be happy. Right? Harry thought to himself.

"IVE GOT AN IDEA GUYS!" Hermione screeched again bringing them both out of their stupors. "Instead of fighting over Teddy forever, -because we all know how well that's going, and soon enough you'll bring in the law and that'll be a big kerfuffle considering Harry's keeping down low-,  why don't you two live together!"  Hermione said practically bouncing in her seat from excitement.

Draco looked towards Harry, mirroring his incredulous face. They glanced at each other, then Hermione and Teddy and promptly burst out into laughter.

"You want us- me and Malfoy- two grown adults who hate each other to live together?"  Harry gasped out between giggles, "In the same house? Taking care of Teddy together?"

"Without killing each other!" Draco laughed holding Teddy towards his chest and shielding him from the noise.

"Think about it..." Hermione replied not at all put off by their laughing. "Yes you would have to raise him together, but everyone knows you two would both do anything for him, and if you really want him to be happy, you could agree, I'm sure Dracos family has a spare vacation house that you could live in." She persuaded them.

"I dunno Mione it seems like a bad idea." Harry shrugged reaching out to take his now green eyed godson from Dracos arms and wrapping the blanket tighter around him. With his green eyes and blond hair Teddy almost looked like a seamless blend between Draco and Harry.

"Sure." Draco said gracefully sitting down an armchair, or as gracefully as one could with baby drool still on their shoulder. "I'll do it, we have an extra beach house."

"Wha- hey!" Harry said feeling betrayed. Draco couldn't possibly think this would end civilly. It would surely end up with both of them in St.Mungos with several fatal injuries.

"Scared Potter?" Draco smirked raising an eyebrow. He was challenging Harry and Harry knew it, Harry was never one to back down from a challenge so he replied with a smug "You wish." A wave of nostalgia washed over both of them making them smile a little.

"Alright it's a plan!" Hermione said excitedly, "cheer up it'll be fun!" 'And it will also be easier for me Pansy, Ron and Blaise to set you two up finally, the sexual tension was getting out of hand.' she thought pridefully to herself, The twins would be proud of her scheming.

A/N hi this is my first fanfiction and I only wrote it because I wanted to read one with this plot line.
also yes both twins are alive because I like them and because I say so. This ff is set two years after the war, all the seventh years went back to hogwarts in the 'eighth year' that's why draco and Harry aren't murdering each other.