13. the devil's incarnate

Azrael Carmen

The horrendous scheme had worked. Although people were still a bit skeptical about Elliot the heartbreaker manwhore sudden interest in relationship and my ability to capture his attention, everything was working according to plan. I had the never ending investments and deals we got from last week to prove that theory.

And, a very shocked Barbara as another example. She had sprinted into my office the day after our fake date and slammed a stack of magazines on my desk right before she shoved her tablet in my face. I simply looked at them and read the headlines. Pictures of him kissing my cheek outside the restaurant and me glaring at his stupid grin. Us sharing a sickening romantic candlelit dinner. And, especially the one where he broke that piece of shit's jaw. I didn't bother look at the comments under the articles because I had a feeling I wouldn't be suddenly loved by the public at the moment. I might even have earned more hatred but I got something far much important than useless words about me.

Because despite petty women who wanted a chance with Elliot Salvatore, those hypocritical businessmen who claimed woman like me was too difficult to work with had grasped this opportunity and sucked onto this fake relationship like fucking pathetic leeches that they were. They knew they didn't have a chance attaching their company to him so they chose the next best thing, his girlfriend who happened to be me. As long as, I was somehow connected to the Salvatore's name they wanted in. It was humiliating to say the least but I was desperate. We were using each other anyways.

"You're dating Elliot Salvatore. Multi billionaire, CEO, computer genius, the devil's incarnate, most eligible bachelor in the country, the queen's brother in law and the second son of the most powerful family ever." my poor assistant had started blabbering away in horror when she realized I didn't deny the allegations.

I didn't reach over the table and strangled his goddamn neck for fuck's sake. Of course, he was my boyfriend. A fake one but she didn't need to know that.

"If you say that to his face, his ego will grow to the size of the fucking galaxy. And, I swear I will fire you for that." I remembered scowling.

Barbs stared at me for a long while. Her eyes shifting between the pictures and my face. "You actually like him." she smirked as if she knew something I didn't.

It was my turn to stare at her then. My skin crawled uncomfortably and I felt my lips squirming into a deep frown. I loathed him. From the way he used his words down to his goddamn face. I hated everything Elliot Salvatore in general.

However, whatever the heck she was seeing I needed it to continue. Therefore for the rest of the week I didn't tell her to shut up once whenever she brought up his name while smiling secretly to herself. She was lucky no one tolerated me like she did.

I stared down at my gold watch as I stalked into Carmen Corp or otherwise known as the evil cult of cruelty and coldness like Elliot called it. I was assigned the evil witch leader by the way, five seconds before I threw my breakfast croissant in his face five days ago during our morning date.

A scowl made its way to my face and I muttered with mortification. "Uh. Since when do I think about that cocky bastard."

I walked faster, ignoring the shaky good mornings from my employee and listening to the sound of my heels clicking against the sleek stone floor. My phone stayed beeping rapidly inside my purse as I waited for my elevator to come down. Barbara was probably losing her mind because I had a whole board waiting and a client appointment an hour ago. Tardiness was the worst form of human's quality. I hated being late. I despised lateness but I had a good reason.

Like my snobby uneducated puppy cheerfully chewing on my Chanel wallet while I turned my back on him this morning to make a conference call with Elliot. I blamed it on my stupid fake boyfriend. He demanded an emergency virtual meeting because he had to fly out for his conference today even though we planned for me to present him my business plan this afternoon. The bastard had only smiled and said he just wanted to see my face before leaving and then proceeded to laugh when I screamed bloody murder at Oakley.