Why're You on Your Bed With Your Bat? (Mahi-Rutu)

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH", Dhoni heard a scream coming from the room next to his.

Concerned, he went and knocked on the door, wondering who was inside.

"Come in", the voice huffed from inside.

Dhoni entered, only to see the rather new addition to their team- Ruturaj Gaekwad- standing on his bed, with a bat in his hand.

"Oh, hey, Mahi bhai", Ruturaj was still breathing heavily. He carefully climbed down the bed, looking around at the floor.

"Er- Rutu? Why were you standing on your bed with a bat in your hand?", Mahi bhai tried to hide the amusement in his voice.

"It was nothing, bhai", Rutu blushed, embarrassed.

"Okaaay", MSD drawled, "But why were you shouting?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you, bhai", he immediately apologized.

"Not an issue. I was concerned more than anything. Now, assuming that you don't randomly shout and jump on your bed, what happened? Did you see a ghost, Rutu?", Mahi bhai pressed on.

"You'll laugh", Rutu's cheeks heated up again.

"I promise I won't", MSD said solemnly.

"It was- er- it was a cockroach. I'm scared of 'em", Rutu said miserably.

"That's it? You could've told me earlier. Where is it, kiddo?", Mahi kept his word, and simply smiled.

"Near the door over there", he replied, "But why are you asking, bhai?"

MSD did not reply. He tore a bit of the newspaper kept on the table, picked the cockroach by its leg and set it out in the garden.

"Ew, gross", Rutu scrunched his nose, as Mahi turned back and chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant, thank you so much, Mahi bhai. You didn't have to", Rutu added hastily.

"Yes, I had to. If one of my kids is in discomfort, I'll do anything I can to make him comfortable", Mahi bhai smiled at him.

"Thank you, bhai. I'm sorry I'm such a scaredy-cat. I've always been afraid of roaches", Rutu sighed.

"It's alright to be scared, kiddo. But if you don't stop apologizing so much, I'm not going to leave you", Mahi threatened him jokingly.

"Sorr-. I mean, yeah, bhai", Rutu smiled shyly.

"All good now?"

"Yeah, bhai. Er- can you not tell the others I'm afraid of roaches? They'll tease me forever and ever", Rutu requested.

"I won't, don't worry about it. It'll be our little secret", Mahi winked and pulled him in for a hug.

Rutu grinned brightly at the thought of sharing a secret with Mahi bhai.