Take My Wife, Wait You Did!

14 - Take My Wife, Wait You Did!

 John and Areana were having breakfast and reflecting on how well Kay had accepted the status of her boyfriend Junior. In fact she told them that it was because junior seemed so mature for his age that she had been attracted to him. What she now knew about his real identity did not change her feelings towards him.

John finished eating his genetically modified super-sized soft boiled egg and decided to read the morning news on his reading glasses. The special glasses projected Universal Wide Web pages directly on the retina of the eyes. The user had the choice of either semi-transparent images, if he wished to see his surrounding at the same time, or the images could be made opaque. John preferred semi-transparent. This was an old habit from the days he wanted to make sure he did not miss any beautiful woman walking past him as he read. It had been a week now since the event that happened on the Sea Oar.  The Lonely Sea Men had been found in the Bahamas and had been confiscated from a dealer who had purchased it from what he described has a beautiful woman with nice legs. 

After reading the news on the Yahoowe site he started scanning the genetic services pages on the web in order to find a clinic that could custom merge his DNA with that of Areana, when he came across an advertisement posted by the  Personal Regeneration Clinic.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗

║                                    Personal Regeneration Clinic                                   ║

║      ►Ever dream of eternal life?                                                                     ║

║      ►Body giving up on you?                                                                           ║

║      ►Don't like the way old age makes you look?                                       ║

║      ►Want to change sex ♀♂ ? (requires psychological assessment)  ║

║ If you answered yes to any of these questions ;                                          ║

║                                     Its time to get cloned!                                                   ║

║                          Call 1-888-MYCLONE for an appointment                           ║

║            Head physicians: Dr R Zingclung, F. Weinster, A. Stotle.                ║

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

He looked towards Areana and said;  "Areana, you won't believe this. Dr. Weinster may still be alive."

"What, that can't be." she answered.

"We'll unless this ad I'm looking at was not updated, he is still alive and working for the Personal Regeneration Clinic. Here, take a look." john gave her the glasses.

John continued as Areana read the ad,

"Either Bull was bragging in order to impress his moll or the add was never updated.  Come to think of it we never saw any news items relating the assassination of Dr Weinster. In any case I know his home address, I think we need to have a visit with him."

John turned towards the wall intercom and said, rather loudly; "intercom on", followed by; "Junior get dressed we need to visit an old friend of ours".

"Will this take long," Junior answered, "I'm supposed to meet Kay. She promised me a special reward for saving all our lives."

"This can't wait, Weinster may still be alive."

"I'll be right down. Just leave me a minute to call Kay and cancel, make that postpone my reward."

After John parked his vehicle in the street in front of the private residence of Dr Weinster, they did not want to unduly warn Weinster of their arrival and thus avoided driving to the gate where they would have had to use the intercom. There was a sidewalk leading to the house that offered no impediment. They proceeded to walk a few hundred yards towards what can only be called a luxurious mansion; a 4 story house with roman columns supporting part of the upper floors that acted as a shelter for arriving cars. To the left of the house, John, Junior and Areana could see a five car garage. One of the doors was opened revealing a 1932 cherry red Duesenberg. When they got to the door John commented;

"I guess our good doctor has done quite well in the cloning business,"

He then rang the doorbell. After a few minutes the door opened. It was Dr Weinster himself.

"John, Junior and Areana what a surprise. What brings you here?" There was consternation written all over his face.

"Well I am glad you are not too displeased to see us. To tell you the truth Dr Weinster, we were not sure of the type of reception we would get." John Answered.

"Why your one of my best customers."

"True enough, but we were not sure you would be the one answering the door. You see we were told you were dead. Since you're not, we need to talk to you about Ivana Wonder."

"You thought I was dead? Ivana Who?" retorted Dr Weinster.

"Don't try to deny it, we've just had an encounter with her. In fact her henchman told us he had shot you with a machine gun in your tomato garden." John was getting impatient.

"So you know about the shooting. However, I did not know who tried to kill me as they did not leave a calling card. I thought it might have been a very disgruntled customer.  Can you describe what she looks like, they don't always give me their real name."

But before John could answer a woman's voice was heard saying;

"Finster, who are you talking to at the door, will we be having guests for supper?"

John immediately recognized the voice, it was unmistakeable. 

Dr Weinster's faced dropped as he realized the jig was up. He attempted to close the door but John pushed against it with his shoulder and quickly stepped inside followed by Areana and Junior. Areana let out a scream as soon as she saw who was coming to greet them. The woman who was approaching them was also stunned when she saw Areana.

"Finster," she said, " The woman looks just like me but with smaller boobs. Who are these people?"

"Why you horny sun of a bitch, Weinster.  You made yourself a copy of my wife." John was seething.

" Well I guess the Jig is up. Come on in Mr Shelbourne, Mrs Shelbourne,  Junior. It looks like I need to explain a few things."