How he knows you love him

James: It was the middle of winter and pouring rain, but your boyfriend James Potter had a big quittch game today and you knew how much he loved quittch, and you knew how he loved when you watched him play. Right before the game started you sneak up to the bleachers to watch, the smile on his face when he saw you could move mountains and cure cancer. A few hours of standing in that weather doesn't prove that you love him then I don't know what will.

Remus: Dating a werewolf had some ups and downs. Once a month your loving boyfriend turned into a wolf and had no control of what happened next, he would never let you leave the dorm on a full moon even if you just wanted to help, so on the night of a full moon you would wait on the couch in the common room and wait till he returned, when he came through the door all bruised and beaten you would clean him up even though every time he insisted he was fine. after that you pull him into a hug and whispering sweet nothings into his ear until he's fast asleep.

Sirius: Sirius had a bit of a reputation, and Sirius being Sirius he wasn't about loose that reputation. You weren't too fond of when he pulled tricks and did something mischievous because he always got in trouble and had to spend time in detention which meant less time to hang out together. So one day you decided to do one of his pranks which him, of course you got in trouble but it was worth it when you got to spend time together in detention. The fact that you would risk getting in trouble just to spend time with him, that's when he knew that you truly love him.