chapter 8

Ali's pov

After I said 'hi' everyone just blinked making me feel very uncomfortable. I backed up behind Sasha and waited for someone to say something. Peeking around Sasha I saw everyone looking at Alex as if they are waiting for him to explain.

"Umm Alex, are you gonna say anything?" Sasha said making Alex turn around and look at her.

"oh uhh yeah. Hey guys this is my mate Ali, she's a little shy so be nice." He said to his friends. Turning to me he said "Ali Meet Wade, Bryan and Lilly. We have a few more people here, but they aren't home at the moment."

After he introduced me to everyone the guy named wade was the first to come up to me and say hi.

"Hi, I'm Wade and this is Bryan." He said gesturing to the guy next to him.

"uh hi." I squeaked.

Laughing Bryan turned towards Alex and said "Dude she's adorable!"

After Bryan said that Alex started to growl making Bryan put his hands up in defense. "Woah dude calm down! I meant in a sister type of way!"

"Ohh sorry." Alex said letting out a rough laugh.

I walked out from behind Sasha and started to look around the kitchen area. This is about the time I would start making my dad some dinner, but I knew that I no longer had to do that. I guess I was staring off into space for to long cause I saw a hand waving in front of me.

"Sorry." I said shaking my head.

"No its okay I was just trying to ask you a question." Bryan said making me look up at him.

"Oh uhh sure go ahead." I said looking towards Alex and Sasha to see they were staring at me weirdly.

"Okay, well I was just wondering what you would like to eat? I saw you looking at the stuff in the kitchen and figured that you were hungry." Bryan said fiddling with the ends of his tee shirt.

He looked so scared to ask me so I couldn't say no, but I also haven't eaten an actual meal in I don't know how long. " Oh yeah sure." I said making his face light up with excitement.

"Okay cool! What would you like?" Bryan asked while making his way to the fridge.

"Anything will work." I said watching him as he rummaged through all the food.

"Okay ill tell you when its done!" he said pulling things out and setting them on the counter.

I shook my head and walked over towards Sasha and Alex to see their jaws dropped to the ground.

"Ali? Do you just realize what you just did?" Sasha asked looking at me like I had grown two other heads.

"Uhh no, what did I do?" I asked getting kinda scared.

"Well you just willingly talked to Bryan like you have known him for years. You didn't even do that to your own mate." Sasha said looking over at a hurt Alex.

"Ohh I'm sorry Alex." I whispered, making Sasha place a hand on my shoulder.

"Its okay. Its just the fact that you seem to be comfortable around certain people here. Whys that?" Alex asked, but before I could answer Bryan called from the kitchen that my food was done.

I walked into the kitchen to see a plate of food on the bar. I pulled out the chair and sat myself down looking at the plate.

"This is my specialty, grilled cheese with turkey, mustard and a secret ingredient." Bryan said looking proud of what was on my plate. "Oh and don't forget the drink!" he said placing a glass of brown looking liquid in front of me.

I looked over at Sasha and Alex making them give me two thumbs up.

'Well here goes nothing' I said to myself picking up the sandwich.