Chapter Twenty-five

Billie got up, feeling transformed. Saying the words out loud seemed to free her. She felt as light as a feather and buzzed around the bedroom. She quickly dressed but took a minute to admire the view of Quentin asleep in her bed. The covers had slid down, revealing his upper body, and his legs were tangled in the other part.

He looked so peaceful and happy. Like he was in the middle of dreaming some wonderful dream. Billie smiled at him and went to the kitchen to make him breakfast.

Quentin awoke to the glorious smell of bacon, home fries, and eggs. His stomach growled from the scent. He got dressed and joined Billie in the other room. The moment his eyes met hers, her declaration sprung to his mind, and his smile widened.

"Someone is in a good mood this morning," Billie said as Quentin came over and grabbed her around the waist, kissing her neck.

"And why shouldn't I be? I get to sleep every night with the most beautiful and sexiest woman in my arms, only to wake up and find she's made me breakfast. It's impossible not to be happy." 

Billie took the food she plated over to the table. Quentin followed her with their coffees.

"Really? I could think of a way to make things better," Billie said with mischief playing in her smile.

"You really are determined to show no mercy, aren't you?" Knowing, Billie took every chance she got to remind him they could be having sex when they haven't.

Billie's smile grew, crinkling her eyes as she shrugged. "Can I help it if it's true?"

Quentin shook his head at her. He took a forkful of home fries and was pleased to discover Billie was a good cook. Starving, he devoured his food.

Billie still couldn't stop the giggly sensations being with Quentin made her feel. It was like drinking her first glass of champagne or closing a deal that would reward the company at work. Her stomach fluttered as his eyes met hers.

"I was going to take Isabelle riding today. Her daycare is closed. They have to do some repairs to the bathrooms. Would you like to tag along?"

"Of course, what time?"

"Around noon?"

"Will you be going to the office then?"

"Yes, but just for a little while."

"Perfect. I have an errand I would like to run myself. So, I'll meet you there."

"No, meet me here. I'll have to come back to change."

"Okay," Quentin agreed.

They finished their meal and Quentin offered to clean up. Billie gave him a kiss before heading out the door, promising to see him again soon.

Billie arrived at her office to discover her father sitting there waiting for her.

"Dad! What are you doing here so early?"

Her father was frowning at her. "Is it true you were out with Donavan yesterday?"

Billie rolled her eyes; she should have realized the news would get back to him. Her father had spies everywhere in this office.

"He just dropped by to give me something."

"You had lunch with him," her father said with an accusatory tone.

"Yes, but I had to thank him somehow for giving me this." Billie reached over and handed her Father the book Donavan had given her.

Her father's eyes widened. "Where did he find..."