Part 8- Another Sunset

{Hado Residence}

[Kiyotaka's Monologue]

6 AM

I woke up early in the morning to the sound of my alarm.

Without opening my eyes I pushed the stop button and pushed away Nejire's arm from my chest, making sure to not wake her.

I went to take a shower and have breakfast, and then brushed my teeth.

It was another Saturday morning, so there really wasn't anything for me to do in the morning.

Nejire and I plan to go out later tonight, but for now, all I can do is wait for time to pass.

7 AM

I went out for a run with the permission of Mrs. Hado and grabbed the things I thought I'd need.

Nejire sleeps for about 12 hours, so by the time I get back, she will probably still be asleep.

"Take care, and make sure to come back before 12. You already know where we're going,"

I nodded and headed out.

The park was only a few miles away, so I didn't need any of their employees to drive me there, or more to say that I didn't want them.

I've always enjoyed my peace when I'm by myself.

When I was nearing the park, I came across a girl with white hair carrying her cat.

She appeared worried and when I looked at the cat it looked to be hurt.

I wanted to avoid them and head straight to my destination, but to my misfortune, she saw me before I could perform my 'Speedy Escape'.

"H-Hey! Could you call for someone to come help my cat?! I forgot my phone back at home and my cat is bleeding, please!"

The cat's leg was bleeding a little, but it didn't come across a mortal wound.

I called 911 and they arrived shortly after.

I thought that after that she would leave with her cat, but she wanted to thank me so she brought me along.

Even if this was annoying to me, I couldn't refuse her.

"Seriously, thank you. I'll make sure to repay you,"

"I don't need money,"

"Money is out of the question. I'm kind of broke at the moment, so I'll come along to wherever you were going after we finish with this in return for your kindness,"

She held onto her cat and paid close attention to its movements.

'Just get me out of here,'

[3 Hours Later]

"S-Sorry I didn't think it would take this long..." she apologized.

We walked back to the park after the veterinarian told us that the cat would be fine with a few days of recovery.

"Don't worry about it. I didn't have anything special to do either way,"

Even if enjoyment wasn't what I experienced, it certainly was a good way to kill time.

We talked for around 2 hours and she even gave me her number.

"Anyways, do you want to go for some ice cream?" she asked.

Wait, didn't she say she had no money?

"Ice cream? Didn't you say you were broke?"

"I-I was kind of hoping you would buy it for me... You see... (ITS A Dharr Man REFERENCE)"