chapter [5]

"One lie is enough to question all truths" -Anonymous

Chapter Five: Heart-Shaped pendant

"It's just my job to protect people without powers okay?" He murmurs frustratingly. Okay.. So maybe he wasn't going to open up.

"That's not an answer Harry," I say stringent with my dulcent voice. He scoffs, his arms crossed as he towered over me.

"That's the best answer you're going to get from me babe," he states looking me deep in the eyes as my jaw sets and my knuckles clench. I hated his superiority and I hated the term babe. Or maybe I just hated it when he used that word.

"Fine. I'll have Lance helps me. He seems to be better than you at quite a lot of things," I wink to make my sass cross over the line to bitch, before shoving him away from my hospital bed.

"Oh please. I'm the best this institution and world has had in eighteen years," he boasts egotistically as he was so cocky I wanted to just run him over with a bus.

"Bye Harry," I grumble before swinging my legs off the side, as I let out a yelp as the pain shot up through my legs. Harry didn't even budge to help me, in fact he looked at my pain face with amusement. Bastard. I slowly grip the railing of the bed with my shaky hands hoisting myself down, before all the pressure was shifted to my legs. I bit my lip as I felt weak before I leaned off the bed completely slowly limping to the door from Harry to the door, "maybe I'll go get Berkley's help."

"Oh yeah. Because all he wants is sexual intercourse Rowen. Especially from someone as fit as you," he caviled as I roll my eyes in pique gimping out of the room while flipping him off. His low raspy chuckle sent shivers of curiosity down my back but before I could explore such curiosity I hurry my pained legs out. Why the hell did I have to be stubborn I thought to myself as now because I exasperated Harry I'm escortless. I had no idea where I was to go. Left, right, up, down, out? Endless twists and turns which leads to even more bends and corners. I decide to go up the stairs and turn a right, before noticing the dark hallway. Anyone else would've been scared but I was more that intrigued as I slowly limp quietly down the eldritch passage.

My joints jolted at the feel of my back being forcefully yanked into someone's hard chest. The fact that they covered my mouth to keep me quiet, scared me immensely. I started to thrash as they sinisterly chuckled holding me by my wrists, "I heard you were looking for me." Berkley. Oh no no no. I try yanking away as I kick and struggle in his grasp causing his grip to tighten painfully.

"Relax babe. I'm sure it is not your first time," even in the dark hall I could see his eyes flash a wink as I start to scuffle. He slams me to the wall my sore knees buckling, and my head throbbing. I squirm as he holds both my wrists above my head with one of his large hands, as his other slowly undoes my button and pushes it past my knees to my ankles.

"Stop!" I exclaim as I continue to struggle, him slamming me back again to keep me still before kissing down my neck harshly as I whimper. His hand plays with the elasticity of my underwear, but before his hands could trail lower I quickly knee him in the groin. His absent feel against my body lets me know I was free as I hurry down the hallway quickly, my eyes blurred with tears as I sprint faster, sobbing. I shortly fall to my knees crying at the thought that that could actually have to happened to me, and wouldve! If I didn't stop him.

I hear someone's footsteps echo towards me, my head lowered, not bothering to look up at who it was. I shortly knew who when he opened his mouth, "you look like you've just seen someone get murdered."