𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘

"What the hell, Katherine?"

"Oh, this is my fault?" Katherine asks, wildly waving her arms about the taped-off crime scene. "I went across the street to get some food and when I turn around, I see some chick throwing another chick against this car, now the windshield's bloody and this girl's dead and Dean's in there chatting some other chick up, and I'm—!"

"Okay, okay," Sam murmurs, putting his hands on Katherine's shoulders. The young woman releases a heavy breath, pressing her fingers together, and pulls through air in a calming motion. Sam shakes his head. "Where did you say Dean was?"

"Inside," Katherine sighs, and follows after Sam into the store.

Now they're going to be really late getting to Sophia's.

Dean turns from a young blonde to the both of them. Katherine's brow quirks and she stares as the other blonde passes her by. "Easy, tiger," Dean says, patting her on the shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Katherine flatly asks.

"Comforting the bereaved," Dean answers. "What are you doing?"

"Working," she answers, rocking onto her toes, and shoves her hands into her pockets. "Ya know, possible demon attack twenty feet thataway," she stabs her thumb over her shoulder. "And you're, uh, talking to some blonde bimbo—"

Dean's brows knit together, a small smirk tugs at his lips. "Since when are you so...territorial?"

Katherine's glare is lethal.

"Whoa—Bobby?" Sam says, and the older man passes the three younger hunters. "Lookin' spiffy."

"The last I saw you in a suit was 1999," Dean snorts.

Bobby sighs. "Shaddup," he says, straightening his tie out.

"What were you?" She asks. Glancing over the mirror, she notices a black bulb attached to one of the wooden rafters of the little boutique.

Finally, a break. It's a surveillance camera.

"Attorney for the D.A.'s office," Bobby answers. "I just spoke to the suspect."

Katherine's brows shoot up. "Yeah?"

"I don't think she was possessed—there were none of the usual signs, she just...really wanted those shoes."

"Yeah, and I've wanted the last pair of white chucks pretty damn badly before, but driven to the point of murder?"

Bobby shrugs. "I spilled a glass of holy water on her just to be sure."

The youngest hunter lets out a sigh and drops her head back. "Well maybe she's just a whackjob," Dean suggests.

"Yeah, if it had just been an isolated incident," Katherine says, putting her hands on her hips, and glances around. "First the family, now this?"

"Kat's right," Bobby agrees.

"I can't remember a time I was wrong," Katherine chirps.

"I can," Dean hums. "A few times, actually, beginning with when you thought I was a perv."

Katherine's brow furrows. "You are."

"What did you guys find?" Bobby asks, leaning towards the arguing couple to effectively redirect the conversation.

"Sammy and I did a little investigating outside," Katherine volunteers. "I don't know what Dean found, but I found kaput. No sulfur or anything. I did, however, notice that camera above our heads." The boys all look up and she smiles in a tight-lipped manner, her eyes squinting like they normally do, but this smile is very sarcastic in nature. She turns on her toes and heads for the front desk, reaching into the back pocket of her very tight jeans. Dean wonders how she fits anything in those pockets.