Chapter 28

"If I get bitten by a tiny ass spider and die, I always loved you guys

"If I get bitten by a tiny ass spider and die, I always loved you guys."

"Please," Violet scoffs at Caleb and shakes her head, her pink hair flying around.

"We're in Australia, what did you expect?" Caleb fires back and defiantly crosses his arms. "There's some dangerous shit living here."

"I think Malcolm makes sure we stay in places where it's safe from dangerous, tiny animals," Nick snorts.

"I just wanna see a kangaroo," I say and roll over in my giant bed, looking at the other three imbeciles in my room.

Who somehow decided to all gather here and do nothing.

"Kangaroos are aggressive and dangerous!" Caleb exclaims and shudders. "God, you're not gonna set foot out here because you're scared?" Vi asks and raises a brow.

"No, I'm obviously going to the arena and then back to the hotel," Caleb answers as if it's obvious.

"I know one thing for sure," I say and get up, adjusting my bikini underneath my light robe, "and that is that the sun is shining and I'm about to enjoy it."

With that, I take my notebook, headphones, and phone. Heading outside, both Violet and I make our way to the rooftop pool and I'm not surprised to find it busy, everyone either swimming or tanning.

A smile lights up my face when I see Imani lying on one of the sunbeds, and I don't hesitate to make my way over to her and occupy the sunbed next to hers.

Violet places her stuff on the bed next to mine and throws away her shirt, exposing her bikini-clad body.

My fingers tremble when I go to undo my robe and I close my eyes for a split second, telling myself that it's fine.

I'd usually just enjoy the sun on my own, if I had a balcony. Which I don't. And I took it as a sign to do this.

To go out and not give a fuck about what others think.

People could take pictures...

"Everyone that's sitting here is minding their own business," Violet whispers, a comforting hand placed on my shoulder.

"They're business people and don't like to waste time on something as stupid as gossip and celebrities. Our team chooses these hotels carefully."

I nod, releasing a shaky breath.

Then, I undo my robe and expose my black bikini. The triangle-top is squishing my breasts against me and the tight bottoms are pulled up, past my hips to accentuate my waist, as Vi said it.

She hit me on the head when I frowned at my reflection in the mirror.

My sister hit puberty pretty fast and grew out of her jeans, her hips having grown and so did her chest. I always watched quietly and wondered if the same were to happen to me one day.