Sand gets in his eyes. :( (Ethoslab)

Notes: I know that Etho's kind of acting like an ass, I'm trying to fix it, he's not meant to be as rude as he's coming off. >^-^'< Just ignore it for a bit longer please. 

Also, I'm having a very hard time staying far enough in the Hermitcraft fandom to write fanfic regularly (And DSMP as a fandom is pretty much gone). I assume that will change eventually (Hermitcraft specifically always loops in and out of my mind), so let's just wait until then. :) 

Also the layout of Hermitcraft may not make much sense, when I was in the world I got super lost XD.

Tws: Very very slight fictional racism mention. It's not bad, it's literally just a sentence, but still.

Words: 2, 214

....

"Forgive him?" Etho had responded blankly, too shocked to keep his voice down even as Phil stiffened with annoyance. "Do you know what that dream did to me?" He gestured vaguely at his face, and let Xisuma's eyes trace the scar it found there, "What his dream *did* to me?"

Phil had let out an indignant squawk, but before he could speak Xisuma cut him off, "Please just try to get along," the bee hybrid told them, and by the way his voice sounded, Etho could tell that the plea wasn't just meant for him, "You've got a universe to save."

- - - - -

"You've got a universe to save." What a strange thing to say!

Etho had been wondering about that statement since the group had begun their flight, and he still hadn't quite figured out exactly what Xisuma had meant by it. Of course he knew what he had said, and of course he knew what the words themselves meant, but something about the tone... Something about the phrasing, he could swear that something had been different.

He shook his head and felt his ears flap wildly against his skull. What was he thinking, of course it hadn't been anything special! He had just been trying to get two ex friends to get along, there was nothing weird about the phrasing, nothing weird about it at all.

Etho could feel Gameknight glance over at him, but he didn't let it bother him. The poor kid obviously felt out of place here, and Etho knew that he definitely wasn't helping with that. (What with exploding at Phil over the littlest things every two seconds.) And he could also see that the scale and frankly impressive detail covering everything the flew over wasn't helping that displacement feeling.

But on the topic of those builds, he knew that the kid at least wasn't unhappy. He smiled under his mask and felt his skin stretch around his scar. At the very least, that was a bit of a comfort to the back of his mind. In fact, as they flew past Scar's magical village, he audibly gasped. Even Phil missed a wingbeat as they shot past the shining trees. (Spiderwebbed and droopy as they were.)

"Wow-!" Gasped Gameknight, looking back over his shoulder even as the group left Scar's base behind them, "That's amazing!"

"Sure is," Phil elbowed Techno in the side and smirked, sending the piglin careening off to the side slightly, "Sure holds up against your tiny cabin doesn't it."

"Shush up," mumbled Techno, only sounding a little embarrassed as he struggled back next to his friend, "I'm far from the worst builder on the server and you know it."

Phil rolled his eyes, and Gameknight giggled quietly. Etho however, felt oddly left out. He hadn't been to the Dream SMP in years, and the memories left from back when he had were strangely faded. (He could hardly remember what biome the spawn was in, let alone the state of the architecture.) But he tried not to let it get to him.