Chapter 8 The Truth Comes Out

Começar do início

Toriel sobbed, "My sweet Asriel! We are so happy you are here and safe!"

Hearing Toriel say "we" was a miracle. She never brought Asgore into the picture after what he'd done to the other children who had fallen down into the Underground, even though Undyne had put an end to the other six children, only to give Asgore the souls in the end. I'm sure that didn't sit well with Toriel having to walk beside a killer this whole time to the Laboratory after regaining these new memories, thanks to Gaster.

While the three Dreemurrs were distracted, Papyrus couldn't move or speak. His logic was that everyone was good deep down inside. But he didn't know if that was true anymore, knowing what he knew now.

As for Undyne, she sneered over at me. Shocked from the memories flooding back, she remembered what the Players had done to her and her friends in the genocide run. Her appearance changed into Undyne The Undying. Gaster must have given her the ability to transform by hacking into the files.

I slowly back up from the Dreemurrs, keeping my eyes locked onto Undyne. "Please, Undyne, I can explain!" I cry out. I wasn't sure what would happen if Undyne pierced me with one of her spears, and I wasn't going to find out. I started to run passed the king, queen, and prince.

Gaster was pleased by how the tides had turned against me. While he grew distracted watching the outcome of my possible demise, Alphys took this moment to rush over to the machine to tinker with it, trying to get me home as fast as possible. Still, the hefty device was more advanced, and it would take a moment to figure out the controls.

Having Flowey notice my frantic motions and seeing Undyne start to charge, he stepped in to help, "Undyne, STOP!" Flowey pushed his parents aside with his extended vines and changed into his adult form to stop Undyne's rampage. Asriel held Undyne back while I was pressed against the wall, hoping Asriel would keep her away from me until she came back to her senses.

Her determination to get at me was far greater, noticing her push through Asriel's grasp. Her speed was phenomenal, while her fuming, raging eyes stared deeply into mine. I shy away from her gaze, covering my eyes with my hands, thinking this was my end.....

I noticed she wasn't attacking me, forcing myself to peek through my fingers, detecting a jail bar of bones sprung up from the ground to protect me. I glanced up at my protector and was shocked at who it was. Papyrus held Undyne back as his feet slid closer to me. His hands pressed onto Undyne's shoulders as he pleaded to his enraged friend.

"UNDYNE, PLEASE. I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, DEMAND YOU TO STOP THIS AT ONCE!"

Undyne grunts, trying to push him away, "Papyrus! The Player deserves to be destroyed for what they've done to us!" She screeched out as her left eye shined from her pent-up frustration towards me.

"I UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THIS UNDYNE....I TRULY DO. THE VISIONS....THE THINGS THE PLAYERS HAVE DONE TO US....BUT I BELIEVE THIS PLAYER WOULD NEVER HURT US!" He looked back at me with compassion, knowing I was good deep down inside.

I stood up from my crouch and shouted, apologizing for us Players that had played the genocide route, "I'm so very sorry that we, the Players, had hurt you....all of you....I truly am!" I scanned the room, almost tearing up but held it together. "The only way I can make it up to you all is to promise never to reset my game when I get home...." I then mumble, "If I ever get home...." I dared not to peer over to Gaster, listening in on the conversation, only seeing everyone else's expressions. They felt a little more at ease hearing me say that out loud.

Undyne loosened her gripping hold on Papyrus, and he too relaxed his tension on her, knowing that he and I settled her down enough, watching Undyne return to her usual self. "You're right, Papyrus. Having to know the truth really got me riled up....I'm sorry, Player." Undyne sighs out and smiles over at me in a compassionate way. I smiled back, relieved to have that settled, but we still had to deal with Gaster.