Pt 8

It's two days after I accidentally mined into the Caverns, and thus far, both Phil and Techno seem to have kept out of them. But this is ridiculous. "You want what?" Phil sighs. "You said there was an ocean monument on the way to Birch right? I wanna check it out. Besides, I'm curious to see what the fuck you've been talking about this whole time." I furrow my brows in anxiety and shock, but I remember how quick and calm Techno was when I dropped into the Caverns. I think I got all of two hits in, and that was before he dropped down with me. I feel pretty conflicted, and I must show it because Techno says, "Listen, I get bein' worried about your allies, but we do this pretty often. How many monuments have we done, actually?"

I must look pretty worried, because before he can answer Techno's question, Phil sighs again, saying, "I know you're worried about us, but this is actually super common for us. We make farms out of monuments. We can handle it mate." I take a deep breath, and decide on something fucking insane to me. "How about we head into the Caverns. Go mining. If that doesn't go any worse than usual, I'll take you to the monument." I'm shaking by the time I'm done saying it, but if I'm gonna ask them to trust my judgement, I should try and trust theirs.

Phil looks at me shocked, and nods. "Yeah, yeah, okay. If you're sure mate." I sigh. "Probably not honestly, in fact I already regret this, but I gotta start trusting your abilities sometime." Techno pipes up, saying, "So, where's that entrance?" I respond, "Well, let's actually prep before we just hop in. Also, I need to gather my spine, because I'm acting like a wimp over a cave. Quick use toxic masculinity to hype me up." Techno laughs out loud, and says smiling, "Yeah man don't be a wimp for having trauma."

Phil laughs, before turning thoughtful. "Hey Techno, how long have we been gone?" I furrow my brow, confused at the topic change, before remembering that I've been keeping them from all those people they listed. Their people. Probably friends and family. Shit. What if they leave and don't come back? What if I'm alone again, just waiting for them?? What if they come back and Dream follows?! Son of- "Y/n?" I jump. "Yeah sure. Wait. What? Sorry, my brain ran off with my attention span." Phil laughs heartily and says, "Once you've shown us Birch, do you wanna come back with us to the Dream SMP?" 

I attempt to stay neutral faced, but I guess I fail, because Phil looks concerned. He says something, but I can't quite hear it as I process his words. 'The Dream SMP'? That must be their home, and if it's named after Dream, he's likely their leader. Forget if I want to, or how they think of Dream, if Dream is their leader, I'm screwed. Fuck. I decide to ask more questions to try and figure this shit out. I calm myself, and ask, "The Dream SMP? Is that where you guys live?" Phil chuckles. "Not really, but that's the area most stumble upon first." I nod, relieved. "Didn't you guys say you knew a guy named Dream? Is he like, the leader there?"

Techno tilts his head, asking in turn, "Why do you wanna know? Like, did you know him?" I tense up, and I notice Phil furrow his brows. "Is that who betrayed you, Y/N? I knew you started to get spacey when Dream came up last, but I figured you had just gone off into your thoughts." I sigh, and think a moment. If I keep hiding things, they'll stop trusting me, but I really don't want this fucking talk right now. Damn, a rock and a hard place. God this sucks. I sigh, deciding to tell them.

"No. The name is just familiar is all." 

Just not yet.

Not yet.

I finish prepping my inventory to go caving and eventually, Phil and Techno follow suit. Once I'm all prepped, I check my stuff one more time, and grab my enderchest. "Ya got any more gapples Phil? I'm runnin' low." Techno says, and I shake my head in surprise. "Yeah, just like half a stack, but I've got plenty of carrots. I don't think it's too much a problem. If anything goes horribly wrong, we'll just light the area and block in." My confusion and shock must show, because Phil glances at me and laughs. "I told you we're fine mate. You might wanna pick up your jaw off the floor though, dust it off. You need any gapples though?"