40.

I was hit with the realisation that I had lost more than a month of my life, but that wasn't all that I had lost. I had lost something much much more important.

I admit that there were times when I felt like ending it all, once again, just to relive the many wonderful moments we had lived through together, all the glorious memories we had made together.

But only one thing held me back; your final words to me. 'Remember.'

I remembered everything. You had done your work, teaching me to love myself, and live the way I want to, and not hastily give in to any temptations of taking my life again.

I remember the feeling of your warm hands wiping away the tears from my face when we had first met, a million, nonexistent years ago.

I remember the strength of your hands around me, when you had saved me from that car in the traffic.

I remember the kind and bright smile you had given me when we met after, which lit up my entire world.

I remember all the encouraging words you told me, insisting that my life was worth living.

I remember the way you made all my imperfections feel like perfections.

I remember the way the stars reflected so beautifully in your eyes when we were flying, just before you said that you loved me.

I remember the warmth on my lips, the butterflies in my stomach, when we had kissed for the first, and last, time.

I remember you chanting that everything would be alright while we were plummeting to death.

I remember everything with so much clarity.

And yet. . . the only real thing about it all, was the way I felt about you.

All I can do now, is hope that the next time I close my eyes, I will be able to see you and your beautiful face again, my love.

Oh, the pain was so real. . .

~ E N D ~